Hallowe’en

lord_seagrave

12 hours ago, lord_seagrave said:

If you’re going trick-or-treating, then surely the rule is that you only knock on doors with decorations/pumpkins?

Or am I a grumpy old man?

LS

That was what happened around our way last night, good to see the little ones being chaperoned by a parent too. Oh and no teenagers trying it on for cash this year either!

As an aside, adult staff, all female were in fancy dress costume at our neighbours premises, a well known portable toilet and fencing hire company.

Very strange adult behaviour for a company that is almost entirely not visited by any customers!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

We were asked to hang out a luminous skeleton which OH did, if we didn’t mind trick or treaters. We were told last night that there was likely to be over 70 kids round; I wasn’t aware there were that many in the village! Anyhow, we counted all the treats and totalled 40 something! OH didn’t want to disappoint anyone so took down the skeleton! I like Haribos! 😀

We did 24 party bags for the children and we ran out, last year i was still eating sweeties a fortnight later, i dress the drive with cauldron and candles so it fairly obvious we welcome the trick or treaters, my bug bear is when you answer the door and say TRICK, the kids just loo confused and hold there bags out anyway, maybe i am losing my sense of humour along with my hair colour

11 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

We did 24 party bags for the children and we ran out, last year i was still eating sweeties a fortnight later, i dress the drive with cauldron and candles so it fairly obvious we welcome the trick or treaters, my bug bear is when you answer the door and say TRICK, the kids just loo confused and hold there bags out anyway, maybe i am losing my sense of humour along with my hair colour

My daughter was asking why its trick or treat🤣🤣 we didn't go out but a few came round not many though, it seems to work that folk only knock where lights or pumpkins are obvious.