Electronic ear defenders (howard leight)

Neil23

Evening folks.. does anyone use the above ear defenders "IMPACT..Howard leight " what are thay like seems a few people ware them at clay ground and not a bad price .I was thinking of getting a pair for my son for Xmas as its a pain in the **** when I'm trying to talk to him in the hide and he doest hear me. Thanks

55 minutes ago, Cheesefiend said:

Mine still have the original set of batteries in. For the money they’re great, pretty cheap on Amazon ~£35. My only complaint is the cups are a little bit on the shallow side and the seal can sometimes fail, especially if worn with sunglasses. Maybe my ears are just big, I don’t know.

You can get replacement cups for them off Amazon that are gel like the ones on the MSA Sordin ear deffenders

http://www.valhollgear.com/

https://www.amazon.com/Valholl-Gear-Replacement-Impact-Headphones/dp/B0719D35HM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541032237&sr=8-1&keywords=Valholl+Gear

6 hours ago, old_n07 said:

Thanks! 👍

I had no idea such a thing existed, so that’s really useful to know. I’ll see if Father Christmas can bring me a pair.

3 hours ago, Cheesefiend said:

Thanks! 👍

I had no idea such a thing existed, so that’s really useful to know. I’ll see if Father Christmas can bring me a pair.

No problem, mine are due next week so I'll let you know what they are like - my HL's are about 5 years old and the cups could do with a freshen up and hopefully they will seal better around the arms on my specs. 

2 hours ago, old_n07 said:

No problem, mine are due next week so I'll let you know what they are like - my HL's are about 5 years old and the cups could do with a freshen up and hopefully they will seal better around the arms on my specs. 

Great - I’ve found these too but not sure how they measure up to the Valholl ones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G9BNFY4/ref=asc_df_B07G9BNFY456588238/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B07G9BNFY4&linkCode=df0&hvadid=217947492190&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1141061498322431022&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006567&hvtargid=pla-551069191100

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 21:41, kennett said:

Had mine years, brilliant. They have been soaked more than once and still going strong. Can't see what you would gain from paying double the price for some makes!

What you might gain is more comfort, for starters. Also, more expensive options are often slimline, so not so likely to clonk on your stock as much.

19 minutes ago, motty said:

What you might gain is more comfort, for starters. Also, more expensive options are often slimline, so not so likely to clonk on your stock as much.

I have a pair I bought for shooting sporting where you tend to talk near the stand more than on a trap line whete traditional non electronic muffs are fine. I have the same issue of them clonking the stock on overhead targets which  I don't get with the normal peltors.  Also it takes a bit of fiddling with the volume control to get the balance right between being able to hear who your having a conversation with and hearing someone unwrap a sweet at 200 yards. TBH though they are minor niggles which doesn't detract from the fact that they are  good value and worth investing in. 

10 hours ago, Paul1440 said:

I have a pair I bought for shooting sporting where you tend to talk near the stand more than on a trap line whete traditional non electronic muffs are fine. I have the same issue of them clonking the stock on overhead targets which  I don't get with the normal peltors.  Also it takes a bit of fiddling with the volume control to get the balance right between being able to hear who your having a conversation with and hearing someone unwrap a sweet at 200 yards. TBH though they are minor niggles which doesn't detract from the fact that they are  good value and worth investing in. 

I agree with all this.

On 01/11/2018 at 00:35, old_n07 said:

£93? Bargain!