Wellingtons

snow white

All the guys I shoot with wear Le Chameau, everyeone hates Hunters but I've got a pair of hunters from about 6 years ago which are proper rugged and are still in good nick which I wear for every shoot. I've actually heard good things about the cheapos, such as Dunlop etc.

Edit: Check out Decathlon's range, I've been impressed by all their stuff I've tried so far.

Edited by AdamSouthEast

I have tried lots of different wellies and none of them have lasted a year. The lidl stuff for £20 is not far off as good as the Muck Boots (of which I have had 5 pairs) imo and if you kept the receipt exchange might be possible. I have a pair of Aigle which look very smart for not so much money and are very warm but they do squeek so I save them for the pheasants.  

If you want to wear use and abuse get the lidl. If you want to ponce around then the Aigle or Hunters look the part for not a lot of money. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RclqsuLXlo

sorry couldnt resist.Its a regular topic:)

You will soon get a list of wellies what folk have spent money on saying they are the best.

I find that the Aigle Pacors ISO are both warm and extremely comfortable, cost was £79 when i bought mine they are now £130 or more., thats how long ive had them. 

Edited by Dougy

44 minutes ago, Dougy said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RclqsuLXlo

sorry couldnt resist.Its a regular topic:)

You will soon get a list of wellies what folk have spent money on saying they are the best.

I find that the Aigle Pacors ISO are both warm and extremely comfortable, cost was £79 when i bought mine they are now £130 or more., thats how long ive had them. 

Aigle Parcors ISO are a cracking boot! 

I have a pair of green dunlops I must have had six years now, They were used virtually daily when the dog was alive but still come out for shooting / bad weather and this weekend for the fireworks no doubt. I think they were about a fiver

The secret is to put an empty plastic drinks bottle in each of them when not in use, that way they don't fold over and crack

Must admit i'd just buy the cheapest wellies u can find. In past for work i'd just use dunlops or nora's 1 size bigger for winter with thse boot socket things inside which ansorb all ur sweat keeping feet warm all day

If ur going to spend proper money ur aswell just buying a pair of decent leather boots far comfier and warmer and still keep ur feet dry.

The shoot i run is quite literally a bog so feet are in water all day and often walking miles u wouldn't catch me in wellies nowadays if i could help it

10 hours ago, soulboy1957 said:

Aldi neoprene, they sell them usually in January, £19.99, every bit as good as the others out there, comfortable and very warm. 

I had a pair just for walking the dog they are rubbish, chucked away after 2 months they leaked and ripped after catching a bramble, they have been replaced with Perrcussion wellies £40 from Bob Parrot retirement sale and are very good indeed 

LeChams got so popular when the new/young female Royals started wearing them that production moved somewhere cheap (China?) and quality dropped - but not price! Agile still made in frog land and quality excellent. However I'm pretty hard on wellies and none survive barbed wire so I search for good makes at bargain prices. Latest were Harkila which are possibly the most comfortable I've had but they were susceptible to any sharp objects and leaked very early on. My son picked up a pair of bargain Hunters - £150 RRP reduced to £75 and these have been OK but they are only 'dog walkers'

No boots will survive barbed wire, not even 3mm leather. As ive found out getting caught in the stuff, rolled up on the ground and had grass grown through it for years..

Thats nothing to do with the quality of the wellies. But walking a few miles in cheap sloppy bulldog type wellies is a whole lot different from walking in a comfy foot fitting welly like an Aigle. 

If I have any walking to do, even just to a peg, I wear boots.  I have a pair of neaoprene wellies  BOGS which I purchased for £45 from the countrywear shop in Measham, Leiceshire. Yes they are a bit heavy and cumbersom but do the job if walking / working in high grass or very wet mucky conditions.  My feet are waterproof and I just put a dry pair of socks in the motor to drive home in, in case I do get a little damp.  These super dooper 'named' wellies are like the clothing, many times you are paying for the name. Just look at the SALE brochures I am sure y'alll are getting through the post ... RRP £429  Sale price £229 I see on an item today and they are still not losing money.  RRP many times to me means Regular Ripoff Price

Just a word of warning, out with the lads yesterday and 1 slipped on a hidden wet rock, dislocated and fractured his ankle and also tore some tendons, now in hospital in North Wales waiting to have a metal plate screwed into the ankle area, he was wearing wellies when this happened. One of the lads with us is a former army medic and said if he would have been wearing boots that lace up he would probably been ok but as the wellies have very minimal side support it allowed the ankle to turn and twist the wrong way. Even without taking the wellie off you could see there was something seriously wrong there. So always wear appropriate stuff for the terrain and weather and be safe.

Atb scobydog 

I have a pair of grubs highline. Classic shooting Wellington look with adjustable gusset, olive green with a nylon lining. Nice and comfy, and from the few reviews I found on line, they are meant to be quite hard wearing and have good levels of grip on concrete/tarmac as well as mud.

Had them approx 6 months and have worn them a fair bit during the summer and they were ok comfort wise, now the game season has started they are holding up well. Not sure how they will be warmth wise in really cold weather, will probably revert to my neoprene hunters then. Cost me about £70. Sizes are possibly a little small if you have wide feet like me.