Wellingtons

snow white

On 01/11/2018 at 18:00, scotslad said:

Must admit i'd just buy the cheapest wellies u can find. In past for work i'd just use dunlops or nora's 1 size bigger for winter with thse boot socket things inside which ansorb all ur sweat keeping feet warm all day

If ur going to spend proper money ur aswell just buying a pair of decent leather boots far comfier and warmer and still keep ur feet dry.

The shoot i run is quite literally a bog so feet are in water all day and often walking miles u wouldn't catch me in wellies nowadays if i could help it

Never in my puff did I think I'd see Nora getting suggested on here!

I'm not knocking them though - They have good tread (grip), the rubber wears well and I found them fairly comfy.

I wore Nora's up to about 5-6 years ago, and have switched over to Dunlop Purofort.

I'd say the Nora feels stronger (stiffer rubber), Dunlop's are lighter and warner. Both are comfy and do the job and are very reasonably priced.

+1 on buying boots instead. You can spend £60-£80 on lace up boots which are superior to £100+ wellies in every way, and are much safer

On 04/11/2018 at 16:01, scobydog said:

Just a word of warning, out with the lads yesterday and 1 slipped on a hidden wet rock, dislocated and fractured his ankle and also tore some tendons, now in hospital in North Wales waiting to have a metal plate screwed into the ankle area, he was wearing wellies when this happened. One of the lads with us is a former army medic and said if he would have been wearing boots that lace up he would probably been ok but as the wellies have very minimal side support it allowed the ankle to turn and twist the wrong way. Even without taking the wellie off you could see there was something seriously wrong there. So always wear appropriate stuff for the terrain and weather and be safe.

Atb scobydog 

This. Massive +1.

I'm a shepherd. I have almost completely given up wearing wellies because of rolling my ankles. I've never done any damage but wellies have zero support.. once bitten, twice shy. A lace up boot 8" or taller is far safer on rough/unknown ground.