Trail cam report

Walker570

Some months back I was looking to buy some extra trail cams and started to wade through the options. On youtube up popped a review by a guy up in the north of England on CANPARK or CAMPARK according to how you read it on the camera.  They were very cheap and made in China. The review was honest and the only thing he had doubrs about was the latches on the door. Well I went ahead and purchased two for a couple of quid over £100 including delivery for the two.  On unpacking the cameras did not appear any different to the others I had used cost three times that each.  The test would be in the use and results. Well, they have been in daily/nightly use in all weathers since that day and have produced some exceptionally good results. The night photos are good, certainly good enough to see what is there and the range is more than adequate for my needs...25 to 30yrds.  They are still working fine and the latches the reviewer had doubts about are as new.  They come with straps and fittings to set them up in various locations.  I have one grumble and that is the fact the cameras use the fiddly insy winsy 'chips' to record on and are VERY fiddly to get in the slot and then back out. A couple of times I have been lucky to find one which dropped into long grass. Then you have to put that into an adapter. Just a pain but overall so pleased I will be buying two more in the near future.

Thought I would just put this on for anyone thinking about buying a trail cam or cams.

455.JPG

DSCF0912.JPG

Edited by Walker570

On 01/11/2018 at 18:52, Walker570 said:

Some months back I was looking to buy some extra trail cams and started to wade through the options. On youtube up popped a review by a guy up in the north of England on CANPARK or CAMPARK according to how you read it on the camera.  They were very cheap and made in China. The review was honest and the only thing he had doubrs about was the latches on the door. Well I went ahead and purchased two for a couple of quid over £100 including delivery for the two.  On unpacking the cameras did not appear any different to the others I had used cost three times that each.  The test would be in the use and results. Well, they have been in daily/nightly use in all weathers since that day and have produced some exceptionally good results. The night photos are good, certainly good enough to see what is there and the range is more than adequate for my needs...25 to 30yrds.  They are still working fine and the latches the reviewer had doubts about are as new.  They come with straps and fittings to set them up in various locations.  I have one grumble and that is the fact the cameras use the fiddly insy winsy 'chips' to record on and are VERY fiddly to get in the slot and then back out. A couple of times I have been lucky to find one which dropped into long grass. Then you have to put that into an adapter. Just a pain but overall so pleased I will be buying two more in the near future.

Thought I would just put this on for anyone thinking about buying a trail cam or cams.

455.JPG

DSCF0912.JPG

I bought one of these after seeing your initial post, and am equally impressed for the price.  Only complaint I have is it seems sensitive to low batteries where the infa red stops working at night.  New batteries, it’s fine, but once the display shows 1/2 battery life it starts playing up, daytime filming remains ok though. Still lasts a good week or two before this happens. So good depending on how much you use it.

If you’re struggling with the sd card, you can always use the cable which came with the camera and plug straight into the computer without removing the card.  Does mean you have to take the camera(s) to the computer but might be easier than fiddling with them tiny cards :) 

Not had a problem with power supply on mine...to be honest amazed how long they seem to run.  May vary camera to camera..I don't know.  I take my big boys camera with me when i want to leave it in position and I can then put the mini in an adapter check the photos on the large camera screen and replace if I don't want to keep any. If I do I simply replace with another card. I have a couple of spares for this.   The mini SD is not really a problem, just fiddly and you have to be careful not to drop it, particularly after dark.  I now hold my cap underneath in the event my old arthritic fingers fail to hold on.  Of the more expensive cameras I have had, non have survived more than bout 3 yrs before devolping some problem, so if these last as long I am quids in.