Whats App

Dekers

Help me out please.

I have a contact on Whats App that has just changed phone number, I have deleted old and new shows on my contact list, but the old number has not gone and Whats app continues to send  to the old number even though the new shows on top.

I cant seem to delete old number and nothing is going to the new one.

I guess this isn't very clear but if you can help I would be grateful, the web hasn't helped!!

Thanks!!!

I'd delete his contact completely from the phone itself rather than trying to edit it, then put his name and new number back in. As long as they are in your phone address book, whatsapp will find them. 

Edited to add: and delete any conversations you had with him on his old number. 

Edited by walshie

3 hours ago, walshie said:

I'd delete his contact completely from the phone itself rather than trying to edit it, then put his name and new number back in. As long as they are in your phone address book, whatsapp will find them. 

Edited to add: and delete any conversations you had with him on his old number. 

this

Something just isn't happening for me with Whats App.    I deleted the entire entry in my phone book, deleted all the old chats in Whats app.

Re-entered the contact details on the phone and they all appear in my phone contacts list but the entire entry has now disappeared from my Whats App contacts????????

I've been tearing my hair out with this one and I think it is something to do with the new phone number settings.  Whats App refuses to see the new number but is happy with the old.  I have questioned default security/visibility setting with the owner of the new phone and I am assured they are all unrestricted and open, but I have my doubts!

Cheers

3 minutes ago, getthegat said:

Off at a tangent; apparently there is a WhatsApp virus out there. It's called martinelli, DO NOT OPEN if it comes your way. It hacks phones and cannot be stopped or fixed. Spread the word.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6366707/WhatsApp-hoax-warning-Martinelli-video-says-wipe-phone-fake.html