A Cabinet Problem.

TIGHTCHOKE

Gentlemen

My neighbour and shooting Mate had ordered a larger gun cabinet. Yesterday afternoon a white van parked outside and G. watched as a small foreign Yodel courier van driver took a large cardboard box from the van and then dropped it twice as he approached the house.

Upon opening the door the chap presented his PDA for a signature and seeing the expected damage G. refused and asked for a form or page to refuse the delivery.

The driver spoke little or no English and presented his PDA again for a signature. All G. could do was to write in the box "Package arrived damaged" and sign below.

The driver left without any apology or comment.

Photographs were taken and an email sent to the suppliers in order to get this sorted out.

Now it was not the fault of the supplier who I will not name, but I wonder what the outcome will be?

1. New cabinet sent and damaged one collected.

2. Reimbursement of part of the cost of the original cabinet.

3. The company refuse to do anything.

Personally I hope for either No 1 or  No 2 but feel No 3 is the most likely.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

If the purchaser paid for the item which included delivery by the supplier (or his sub-contractor), then the item has been damaged before the purchaser has taken delivery.  Option 3 is therefore not acceptable.

Whether option 1 or 2 is adopted would be for agreement between the purchaser and supplier.  If the damage is cosmetic and the cabinet is going in a concealed place, the purchaser may be quite happy to accept a partial refund - and gain a bit of pocket money.  In this case - the purchaser should ensure that any warranty is not forfeited.

If the damage affects function or security, then either a full refund or replacement is the only course of action.