Fireworks ban

team tractor

51 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Now you see that’s the diff poss between you and I, am hoping to join as a Special in 2020 when our part time work contract kicks in.

It was one of my choices before I got into Aviation .....

So you berate me for allegedly doing nothing, and at the same time........you do nothing yourself?...... Do you not see how hypocritical that sounds?............... Therefore yes! I do see the difference between you and me.

You hope to join the specials in 2020....I hope to win the lottery.....but I ain't gonna buy a Grouse Moor until it happens! Because like your hope........mine may not happen either!

That's me done! Best get back on topic now eh?

Edited by panoma1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

So you berate me for allegedly doing nothing, and at the same time........you do nothing yourself?...... Do you not see how hypocritical that sounds?............... Therefore yes! I do see the difference between you and me.

You hope to join the specials in 2020....I hope to win the lottery.....but I ain't gonna buy a Grouse Moor until it happens! Because like your hope........mine may not happen either!

That's me done! Best get back on topic now eh?

Lovely attitude - was due to apply last March when the last ‘Specials’ recruitment day was but hey ho, our basing agreements weren’t in place and having previously lived abroad you also have to have three years continuous residency.

But don’t worry, whilst you still having a pop or riding that mighty horse awaiting your lottery win, some of us might be doing something else.

Of course if I win the lottery in the mean time I shall let you know 🙂

oh and course, statistically speaking, I should be ‘joined up’ way before you get your grouse moor......

Tally ho

20 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

The only thing I would like sorted on fireworks is some sort of limit on the decibels of sound they make.

I like the visual aspect. Why do they have to sound like a mortar bomb going off.

There is a very good reason for that.

To get the big chrysanthemums up to 250 or 300 feet they are fired from a tube like a mortar and to get the big spread they have a substantial bursting charge.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

There is a very good reason for that.

To get the big chrysanthemums up to 250 or 300 feet they are fired from a tube like a mortar and to get the big spread they have a substantial bursting charge.

That explains it.

I am lucky non of our dogs are bothered by it. I feel sorry for the dogs and other animals that are terrified by them.

Some *** lobbed one at me and my dog tonight, fortunately the idiot didn't get it the close as he was driving, on the wrong side of the road so as to be able to throw it at us, charming little ****s, the dog isn't phased by the  bangs so no harm done, but furious at the thought that it could have been somebody vulnerable.

On 04/11/2018 at 10:19, scotslad said:

Silly quote box won't delete

Current and previous spaniels simply try to figure why there is nothing coming down with all the banging, current one is keen as mustard to get in there and has to be on lead to prevent him wanting to get involved

Edited by Stonepark

A ban will come but that's not fair on the people who enjoy fireworks responsibly. The call for a ban is because of fireworks being used as weapons against police, fireman and ambulance crews. The solution is for police to treat idiots "aiming" fireworks as they would someone firing a gun.

Just shoot them. 

In the wrong hands they are a weapon so crack down on those that misuse them, not the innocent and responsible that enjoy them.

4 minutes ago, timmytree said:

A ban will come but that's not fair on the people who enjoy fireworks responsibly. The call for a ban is because of fireworks being used as weapons against police, fireman and ambulance crews. The solution is for police to treat idiots "aiming" fireworks as they would someone firing a gun.

Just shoot them. 

In the wrong hands they are a weapon so crack down on those that misuse them, not the innocent and responsible that enjoy them.

+1

Handguns, knives, acid (restrictions on selling are coming) its not the article but the half wits using them, banning things rarely works, drugs are awash, guns are fairly prevelant on the streets wherever there is a market there will always be a supply

Well we went to the big display in Leyland tonight and it seemed like everyone else did as well, fun fair on bonfire live music, then about 15 mins of continuous fire works that were very impressive, before this and after it seemed like it was constant fireworks going off all around.

I hope there not banned but i would prefer if the ones Joe public could buy didn't make it seem like Syria.

5 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

+1

Handguns, knives, acid (restrictions on selling are coming) its not the article but the half wits using them, banning things rarely works, drugs are awash, guns are fairly prevelant on the streets wherever there is a market there will always be a supply

Exactly my point. That last attack at Westminster the bloke had a knife which he used as a weapon and got shot. If the halfwits (or less than half) that turn fireworks into weapons got shot the problem might be solved?

On 04/11/2018 at 10:33, Dougy said:

Illegal to buy at a certain age. Sort that out 1st.

Ilegal to use in the street.

Sort that out

And if used to deliberately try and hit someone then use the firearm law to sort out. 

Controls are already in place so use them in stead of pussyfooting around already existing laws. 

Spot on.

There are many things 'banned' now; so called 'recreational drugs', knives of certain types, speeding, using phone whilst driving ........ it is a long and wide ranging list.

The authorities are almost powerless to police the present 'bans'.  I am against further unnecessary bans, and I see any further firework bans as unnecessary.

I don't personally like fireworks and think they are far too frequent (we have had them intrusively noisy indoors for the last four nights, and I just think 'what a waste of money'), but a ban isn't the answer.