Night Vision glare cowl

Walker570

I mentioned on here about the glare from a night vison unit I had been given. Well I started with a cardboard prototype but now have it made in ally and even as it is at the moment it reduces glare considerably. I found a couple of pieces of thin ally and made up the 'box' with a slot which can be slid over the screen unti , so it is not pernanently fixed. All of my likely uses will be ambush from fixed locations, so getting it all set up is not a problem.   I intend lining the interior with sticky back thin black foam sheet , just need time to get into the Hobbystore.    Does what it says on the label. Weather permitting will try it out tomorrow night.

It is fitted at the moment to my T/C Encore with the SSK 17 Remington barrel.

Note.  the battery held in place by an elasticated ammo sleeve, still able to hold a few rounds as well.

Yes the sleave is mounted opposite to normal but with a break open rifle your right hand is holding the rifle and the left removes and reloads

006.JPG

Edited by Walker570