Sign in to follow this  
toontastic

Beaters required Northumberland

2 beaters with dogs required for Wednesday 7th November,  North of Morpeth,  £30 + bacon roll. 

PM phone number if interested and I'll pass it on to keeper.

£70 and a proper pub lunch is the going rate around here (without the dogs, dogs put it up to around £100). Still cheap when the guns are paying what they are paying to shoot the birds

Edited by Vince Green

This is just a small syndicate doing 80 bird days, no way could they afford £100 per beater. Even on the big estates a picker up with 5 dogs gets £80 while beaters get £50 regardless of having dogs or not.

16 hours ago, Vince Green said:

£70 and a proper pub lunch is the going rate around here (without the dogs, dogs put it up to around £100). Still cheap when the guns are paying what they are paying to shoot the birds

I'am been robbed 😕 working dogs beating plus a bit sweeping thru at best £35 and a bit soup at worst nowt and expected to place £3  bet on the bag/shots fired .Its not all about the money🤑 .First freebie shoot cost me over £100 in vets bills for one of my spaniels but still I turn up for the day  daft or what.:crazy:

Going rate in North Norfolk £30 without dogs and one of shoots is a largish eastate. However I do it for the cock days at the end of the season 150 bird day for a tip to the keeper can’t be bad. No shoots pay £70 plus lunch is unheard of up here.

If it's just about the money, Bisley pay £60 a day for you to sit in the butts patching over target shooters bullet holes with a 2 hour lunch break. Boring stuff though, would hate to do that for a day...

22 hours ago, AdamSouthEast said:

If it's just about the money, Bisley pay £60 a day for you to sit in the butts patching over target shooters bullet holes with a 2 hour lunch break. Boring stuff though, would hate to do that for a day...

I think its more than that now, both my sons used to do it in the summer holidays. Some days they would sit there all day and only have to do about twenty shots. Other days it was full on but they very often got a good tip on top.

On 07/11/2018 at 12:34, alan123shooting said:

Going rate in North Norfolk £30 without dogs and one of shoots is a largish eastate. However I do it for the cock days at the end of the season 150 bird day for a tip to the keeper can’t be bad. No shoots pay £70 plus lunch is unheard of up here.

I think your rate is roughly the same all over Norfolk although I know of one shoot they pay the beaters £40 to cover the tax 

Where I go this Saturday I get £30 for driving the beaters about and standing behind any gun without a dog to give my dog a retrieve now and again.

If it was all about the money then I wouldn't go , we are well looked after with snacks and drinks at mid morning , take home whatever game we want and last year we had two beaters days where you could shoot any game that is left over as they start afresh, what more could you ask for ?

I would do it for nothing as its not all about what you get paid , we get paid to cover your fuel costs ect , we all enjoy the day and the guns are a friendly lot of blokes , all in all a day to look forward to .

22 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I think your rate is roughly the same all over Norfolk although I know of one shoot they pay the beaters £40 to cover the tax 

Where I go this Saturday I get £30 for driving the beaters about and standing behind any gun without a dog to give my dog a retrieve now and again.

If it was all about the money then I wouldn't go , we are well looked after with snacks and drinks at mid morning , take home whatever game we want and last year we had two beaters days where you could shoot any game that is left over as they start afresh, what more could you ask for ?

I would do it for nothing as its not all about what you get paid , we get paid to cover your fuel costs ect , we all enjoy the day and the guns are a friendly lot of blokes , all in all a day to look forward to .

Nice to meet a fellow minded person, beating Saturday and Monday the old dog enjoys himself as well as myself what more could you ask for 

23 minutes ago, alan123shooting said:

Nice to meet a fellow minded person, beating Saturday and Monday the old dog enjoys himself as well as myself what more could you ask for 

A man of my own heart 

A day in the fresh air , plenty of exercise and being with like minded people , a perfect day out.

Enjoy your day Saturday and Monday Alan , should be a bit breezy but staying mainly dry.

All the best       John

46 minutes ago, marsh man said:

A man of my own heart 

A day in the fresh air , plenty of exercise and being with like minded people , a perfect day out.

Enjoy your day Saturday and Monday Alan , should be a bit breezy but staying mainly dry.

All the best       John

Cheers John