Over and under sling

Twymyn

I am in the process of buying a 3 1/2”  ou gun  to replace my Benelli s/a which is falling apart.

I,m tryng to work out how to fit a sling. I can put a stud in the stock but its how to attach it to barrels without covering the rib is the problem.  A friend has a 10 bore ou which has a leather covered metal clip which fits onto the barrels from below but I can,t find anything like it. Anyone know of a solution please?

2 hours ago, Twymyn said:

metal clip which fits onto the barrels from below

You can purchase this type of front sling attachment from Beretta; but the side ribs need drilling to accept the mounting screws. Unless you are totally competent, this is probably a job best left to a gunsmith. There are slings on the market that have a large loop that slips over the barrels and attaches via a QR loop at the rear, however these need removing before use because it surrounds the barrels & top rib. I go along with motty, a slip protects the gun and solves the carriage problem.

image.jpeg.77aa4c57ac1c352859081eef16e1dfd1.jpeg

Edited by JJsDad