FAC advice for a new member

Growly

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

"Quite a shot"? bumpy22 - if my calculations are correct (and it's a long time since I sat at school in my summer frock and pigtails) then that's around the 600 yard mark - 850 ish corner to corner.

Sorry to be pedantic but 10 acres on a square would be 220 yards per side and 311 yd on the diagonal.

600 yds square would be 75ish acres

25 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Back into my gingham skirt and back on my abacus Yellow Bear and you are, of course, correct - my bad, this means asking his FEO for a CF rifle on a piece of land with a maximum range of 311 yards - apologies for my error.

Of course, had you worn shorts and long socks like myself you would have known that the correct measurement should be stated as 14.1363 chains.

As mentioned before the land has a great backstop, it slopes away well into a valley, I will also be shooting from a raised deck, all shots will be placed down into the backstop, there is no need to fire across the land (which is longer than it is wide) it is surrounded by other farmland with no public rights of way, the nearest road is over a mile away and not in the direction of the valley, I'm going to go for it and will see what my flo thinks, cheers for all the input, Gra. 

1 hour ago, Growly said:

As mentioned before the land has a great backstop, it slopes away well into a valley, I will also be shooting from a raised deck, all shots will be placed down into the backstop, there is no need to fire across the land (which is longer than it is wide) it is surrounded by other farmland with no public rights of way, the nearest road is over a mile away and not in the direction of the valley, I'm going to go for it and will see what my flo thinks, cheers for all the input, Gra. 

The FEO will be impressed if you've worked out safe lines of fire etc. Even more impressed if you draw them on a map of the land. :good:

2 hours ago, Growly said:

Sounds like no brainer for the inspection.as said earlier alot of small patches are obviously deemed safe for cf. Without using a tape measure😂