Army short of soldiers

ditchman

so they are going to start recruiting from kenys...sri-lanka...and such like ..............sounds a bit iffy to me............

why dont the create a 1st and 2nd Nepalese Batallion.........................take all the slightly slower ones that cant quite make it to the Gurkas................they will be trustworthy ...fit ...and up for it....

Edited by ditchman

I'm thinking part of the reason they can't recruit enough from the UK is the fact that our weak kneed politicians have allowed the threat of conviction for following government orders, and that our schools and colleges have produced a bunch of snowflakes as manipulated by EU curriculem subterfuge to slowly but surely weaken our countries abilities. 

26 minutes ago, ditchman said:

so they are going to start recruiting from kenys...sri-lanka...and such like ..............sounds a bit iffy to me............

why dont the create a 1st and 2nd Nepalese Batallion.........................take all the slightly slower ones that cant quite make it to the Gurcas................they will be trustworthy ...fit ...and up for it....

That,s too sensible!

4 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I'm thinking part of the reason they can't recruit enough from the UK is the fact that our weak kneed politicians have allowed the threat of conviction for following government orders, and that our schools and colleges have produced a bunch of snowflakes as manipulated by EU curriculem subterfuge to slowly but surely weaken our countries abilities. 

Too many of our teenagers are playing war games on their Playstations!

37 minutes ago, ditchman said:

why dont the create a 1st and 2nd Nepalese Batallion.........................take all the slightly slower ones that cant quite make it to the Gurcas................they will be trustworthy ...fit ...and up for it....

A very good idea ditchman, great people.

17 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Well said Dave,  get it not quite right and they throw the book at you. Thats really something you want over your head when fighting for your country.

dont quote me on this...............there was some story about a mth ago that all of the young lads that applied to go into the army only 20% were considered to be fit enough to give them enough time to prepare for the BFT after 12 weeks,..................

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

And yet they have been downsizing the army for years, getting rid of the better paid experienced lads?? 

and that is one of the reasons why i finished work to look after the mrs...............the consultancy was starting to be run by accountants not engineers..........

why employ me as a RE when they could get a univercity leaver to do the same for a third of the pay..................what they seemed to forget that i paid for my salary every month on re-designs and savings as a result of many years experience............they were just itching to get rid of me...the only thing that was stopping them was the clients programmed their jobs so i could look after them

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

dont quote me on this...............there was some story about a mth ago that all of the young lads that applied to go into the army only 20% were considered to be fit enough to give them enough time to prepare for the BFT after 12 weeks,..................

:good:Wouldn't be surprised. Some time back the lads who were selected as Royal Marine recruits were issued with boots prior to their actual joining up. This was so they could harden their bones as many once having jpined were suffering from greenstick fractures due to living in trainers

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

and that is one of the reasons why i finished work to look after the mrs...............the consultancy was starting to be run by accountants not engineers..........

why employ me as a RE when they could get a univercity leaver to do the same for a third of the pay..................what they seemed to forget that i paid for my salary every month on re-designs and savings as a result of many years experience............they were just itching to get rid of me...the only thing that was stopping them was the clients programmed their jobs so i could look after them

Sounds like typical management really, my place have had 40 plus leave so far this year, but they say everything is rosey, Muppets.

3 hours ago, chilly1981 said:

gave them decent food and living conditions

and didn’t carry out witch hunts on blokes that did there job years ago while Letting the terrorists go scott free. 

They wouldnt have a shortage or a rentention problem i. The first place 

You have got it in 3 short lines. Shame some top brass and most politicians cannot seem to grasp these simple points.

As far as understand it, there's been a problem recruiting officers for some while and they're now changing the profile of the people they're after. For soldiers, during the height of the recent fighting they had no problem recruiting but are now falling short again. Lots of reasons why there have been both recruitment and retention difficulties. In truth it's always been so and it's a difficult act balancing both inflow and outflow. Something about this move though that smacks of desperation.

15 hours ago, yod dropper said:

As far as understand it, there's been a problem recruiting officers for some while and they're now changing the profile of the people they're after. For soldiers, during the height of the recent fighting they had no problem recruiting but are now falling short again. Lots of reasons why there have been both recruitment and retention difficulties. In truth it's always been so and it's a difficult act balancing both inflow and outflow. Something about this move though that smacks of desperation.

I think you can point a lot of the blame at Capita and the totally inept recruitment system they delivered and run. It took 9 months from the day my lad applied to finally starting his training at Catterick and that was with him pushing them every step of the way, it was error after error all the way. If it takes that long to get lads through the door it's hardly surprising some get disilusioned and give up.