• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

LOL i forgot about them. 

I remember watching them late at night when I was a kid, I just thought they were black clowns !

Thinking back, there was some proper rubbish on telly in those days, but needs must when youve only got 3 channels and no remote :lol:

OMG just remembered the wheel tappers and shunters social club too, that bell !

4 hours ago, walshie said:

Constantly stifling free speech can't change the way people think. IMO it can only go 1 of 2 ways. Either no-one ever says anything out loud about anyone and the government can rest contented that everything is tickedy-boo with the country,  or everyone will get sick to the back teeth of it and go completely the opposite way.

I know what my money's on. 

Spot on, in no way is anyone on here condoning what those idiots did, but community will police itself to an extent, freedom of speech and expression, is far to important to ban it.

The Met has 900 officers (900 !) dedicated to investigating online 'crime', while young men are shot and stabbed on a daily basis, which indicates, to me at least, that their priorities are all wrong !

The Grenfell effigy is in poor taste, for sure, and undoubtedly upset a lot of people.........but does it  really constitute a crime ? Apart from malicious possession of a **** sense of humour ?

I wonder if everyone really is as "outraged" by words and images as they claim to be?  More often than not, they are outraged on behalf of someone else. Would they be that way if they had no-one to express said outrage to? Or is it for the virtual pats on the back they are hoping to receive?

12 minutes ago, walshie said:

I wonder if everyone really is as "outraged" by words and images as they claim to be?  More often than not, they are outraged on behalf of someone else. Would they be that way if they had no-one to express said outrage to? Or is it for the virtual pats on the back they are hoping to receive?

Nail on head🔨

It appears that the 5 men who handed themselves in to a Police Station and were arrested and detained were joined by a 6th man also arrested and have now been released pending investigations!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46106224

A massive over reaction yet again by our poorly managed minority Police Force!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Addition of a link to the BBC article.

10 hours ago, walshie said:

Again, spot on.

13 hours ago, walshie said:

Otherwise known a 'virtue signaling' to give it it's PC title. 'Look at how right on I am'.

This piece clarifies the law on the matter, no charges have been made at this time.
The person who posted it online could be prosecuted under a public order offence, if intent could be proved.
The people who actually did the deed are supposedly in the clear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46112026

Edited by Rewulf

This outrage gets headline news, and the BBC go to town on it, yet a Remembrance Garden, filled with poppies and crosses gets vandalised, and not a word from the BBC! A Commonwealth War Graves cemetery gets wrecked by followers of the religion of peace, no mention in the media! If this stupid prank is worth a mention, surely the other crimes are?

1 hour ago, pinfireman said:

This outrage gets headline news, and the BBC go to town on it, yet a Remembrance Garden, filled with poppies and crosses gets vandalised, and not a word from the BBC! A Commonwealth War Graves cemetery gets wrecked by followers of the religion of peace, no mention in the media! If this stupid prank is worth a mention, surely the other crimes are?

Call into bbc radio 2 now as its being discussed.. Bring that up. See what they say. 

18 hours ago, walshie said:

Done it again walshie, 100% with that! :good:

22 hours ago, walshie said:

Nail on head + 2. 

It was in extremely poor taste and contained stereotyped racial undertones which sadly too many find acceptable. Incidentally had they been Pakistani's laughing about burning Jews it would be illegal as it would be deemed to be antisemitic. Come to think of it had they been Pakistani's laughing about burning natives here and mocking the ones who sign on the whole tone of this thread would prolly be a tad different. Listening to radio phone ins it's clear the majority thought the whole thing is being taken a bit too far. 

Agreed there's a lot of fake outrage about.