First lab pup

Dazza9t9

Go to Iceland or Aldi and buy some cooked but frozen chicken pieces you could be giving the pup too much of the other food, plus using the chicken bits won't upset the dog and it's a better bribe. The upset could also be down to the stress of moving to its new home. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Dazza9t9 said:

It is funny I read about a sock a few hours ago.

i take it a worn sock? Do you put anything in it?

38802EB4-5518-49DF-9F6D-A31BD8FB6E8E.jpeg

No just your sock you’ve been wearing so it has your scent - roll it up or tie a knot it in and I used my hall way as a narrow lane for it. 

I sat at one end and threw the sock down towards the door, dog runs down and picks it up and due to the hall being narrow his only option is to run back to you :) give the pup lots of fuss and praise and stroke under the chin but DONT take the sock. 

After lots of praise and stroking under the chin you can then take the sock gently with the command “dead”. 

I wouldn’t do it more than a 2-3 times and no more than 2-3 days a week. 

We gad strict rules at home that no one was allowed to snatch anything off him and if he was carrying around something he shouldn’t be he should get a 1:1 swap if they wanted it off him 😂