Small time pheasant shooting

Big Al

Our syndicate days are as much about the craic as the shooting.  You need skin like a rhino as the teasing is remorseless! 

Anyway, a wee clip of pheasant shooting in our corner of the world. I'm still experimenting with music so sorry if it's not your thing

4 hours ago, misser said:

excellent video as per usual ...beautiful scenery and a good knockabout, for me personally that type of shooting cant be beaten....you're  a decent shot me thinks...🙂🙂...atb...misser

Thanks misser. I enjoy a day like that too but I'm a wildfowler at heart. Nothing beats an early morning at the ducks or geese.

3 hours ago, scutt said:

👍 great 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, greylag said:

Another great video.Good shooting in lovely surroundings with a group of friends can't be bettered.Thanks .

Very true. Thanks for your comment. 

15 minutes ago, welshgun said:

Keep them coming Al good banter to be had on small shoots a great video once again would that bear be Ted's understudy? 

Cheers.

Yes - Wee buddy Bear is the next generation of lab. He has still got a long way to go to be evenue close to Ted!

I may never have another dog like Ted again. He's a once in a lifetime dog. I wish he could grow old with me. He's 6 now. Hard to believe. 

Thanks for posting that, most enjoyable and the wind made me feel cold just listening to it.
I have been a member of a few Shoots like that, where its all about the social side of things, not the bag size.

The section where the two dogs were sitting having come in from the cold was excellent, their wagging tails and expectant looks was a joy.
Two nice steady dogs, a credit to you.

10 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Thanks - pheasant shooting is a social event for me. Wildfowling is the real deal.

Ive never shot a pheasant, but think a mooch about after one or two with a spaniel through some cover for a day followed with an evening flight for fowl or roost shoot some pigeon. would be a very sensible way to procure Sunday dinner........... or the rest of the week.:good:

Edited by islandgun

On 07/11/2018 at 20:45, islandgun said:

Ive never shot a pheasant, but think a mooch about after one or two with a spaniel through some cover for a day followed with an evening flight for fowl or roost shoot some pigeon. would be a very sensible way to procure Sunday dinner........... or the rest of the week.:good:

Sounds like a grand day out .....

Chokes - quarter and half ( can't go wrong! )

Cartridges were RC 32g steel 4s close to water and GB 32g 6s over the fields. 

Edit to say that apart from duck shooting cartridges  (usually 3"gamebore mammoth steel ) I don't buy expensive cartridges. I'm a firm believer that the worst cartridge in the world is a lot better than I am. 

Edited by Big Al
Adding a bit on

21 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

Nice little video Big Al, can't wait for the next wildfowling video :good:

I do prefer the ducks ...

I didn't get out yesterday, pheasant next week so it'll be another fortnight before I can get back at the fowl. This work really is the curse of the wildfowler.