12 gauge screw on moderator for my beretta urika

lakeside1000

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:39, Ultrastu said:

That would depend on the gun .and the cal .

Ask my mate who eventually gave up .on one of his. 

Really obscure makes excepted, extended chokes are readily available from many different manufacturers.

On 16/11/2018 at 08:24, cookoff013 said:

would it be an idea to buy a "mandel" choke, cheap available in extended, and wouldnt care if it got mullered.

I was going this route with a mandel choke and saddlery after a lot of research because there was nothing around at the time but went Atec A12 in the end for my M2, they are more money but the main reason was the A12 is under slung and doesn't interfere with the site picture, I run Hull super fast fibre 29 #6 comfortably without ear protection or Hull steel 32 #4 if the birds are for the BOP lads, the A12 comes with half choke and Will run steel with plastic wads safely, I had an email from the manufacturer verifying this, 

Edited by maxwell
Spelling

Is there a preference to what semi-auto is used? does the Beretta urika 2 have advantages over a Hatsan or any other make.

I am going to get one I just don't want to go down the wrong path first step.

Thanks all for this info as I have been using a .410 for a while now. and lacking a bit of power although happy with it for what it is.

19 hours ago, herby said:

Is there a preference to what semi-auto is used? does the Beretta urika 2 have advantages over a Hatsan or any other make.

I am going to get one I just don't want to go down the wrong path first step.

Thanks all for this info as I have been using a .410 for a while now. and lacking a bit of power although Ihappy with it for what it is.

I don't think there would be any advantage of one gun over another.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, questions, how wide is the central hole, this carries shot and wads. They all expand as they leave the barrel, obviously there is still some compression within the mod but a plastic cup edge or bit of waywood shot could cause a lot of issues.  Obviously the bigger the hole the less effective!

Mods on rifles shooting shot shells are seldom used for this very reason!

And thats one of the reasons a .410 is quieter than a 20 b and 20 is quieter than a 12b .the hole in the front .

I generally dont shoot carts which have plaswads .or at least plaswads which have  petals that open up out of the barrel to release the pellets. 

Though i did have some fiocci in.410 like this and they fired through the moderator with no issues .

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

And thats one of the reasons a .410 is quieter than a 20 b and 20 is quieter than a 12b .the hole in the front .

I generally dont shoot carts which have plaswads .or at least plaswads which have  petals that open up out of the barrel to release the pellets. 

Though i did have some fiocci in.410 like this and they fired through the moderator with no issues .

I think you will also find that like for like there is more propellant in a 12 than a 20 than a 410 so the bang is inherently different to start with!