What would you do...

Gunnut

Read a thread recently, about crime in certain area's etc, one member said, he new a friend who was approached by a few gentlemen, who demanded him too hand over his guns, and threatened violence, not sure what I would do, if this should happen to me, but picture the scene, your shooting in a remote spot alone, when you are approached by several thugs, who demand your guns and ammo or else, what would you do, is there anything you can legally do, or do you back down and do has they say, I wonder where you stand, if this situation should arise.

What was the outcome of the scenario you describe?

I hate threads such as this as no one knows what they would do despite some claiming they would shoot from the hip, take them prisoner or ask them if they ‘feel lucky’. I avoided going out during fair week to avoid such scenes. The only time I was approached, I informed them they were trespassing long before they were too close, and that I was calling the police, and then walked away. 

My only time being ‘approached’ about midnight when a transit come off the main road and up a field track to where I had been lamping. They got to the top of the track where was stood with my 223 with sizeable t8 mod making it look very menancing! I asked if I could help them, and the two gypsy chaps said they wanted to give the dogs a run. I explained it was private and they couldn’t run the dogs there. They asked whether they could get permission, to which I replied no way, I’m the only one with permission and the owner won’t give it to anyone else. They said okay no worries thanks And reversed out and left.... no doubt they came back another day, or chose another place.

Easy lay the gun down and Kungfu them into  submission maybe a Vulcan death grip or two.  If a particular large group use the force to sweep them to one side as you uncloak your x wing to pop home to the bat cave maybe using Spider-Man webs to detain them for plod.   

Sorry hate these sorts of threads as no ones the answer until they are in that position. 

12 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

Easy lay the gun down and Kungfu them into  submission maybe a Vulcan death grip or two.  If a particular large group use the force to sweep them to one side as you uncloak your x wing to pop home to the bat cave maybe using Spider-Man webs to detain them for plod.   

Sorry hate these sorts of threads as no ones the answer until they are in that position. 

👍 This. 

23 hours ago, Terry2016 said:

They would be a brave group of individuals to walk up to a man shooting in a hide demanding  and threatening violence ... really ... i don't think so ...after all you are the one with the gun and they do not know how you would react .. and who is around .. after all its a remote spot.. 

I always treat these stories with a degree of scepticism, no right minded person demands a gun off someone whilst they are holding it.... maybe as part of a break in, but surely not in the field

1 hour ago, Tford said:

I always treat these stories with a degree of scepticism, no right minded person demands a gun off someone whilst they are holding it.... maybe as part of a break in, but surely not in the field

Agreed, I mean these posts have no right answer and should probably be removed by mods etc as if someone says the wrong thing unintentionally the shooting fraternity looks bad. ..

And as above said until you are in this situation you don't know how you would react.. 

Edited by Terry2016

On 13/11/2018 at 19:39, Ultrastu said:

Best answer is dont reply to this thread .

As is the famous starwars line by general ackbar .

" ITS  A TRAP " 

😂😂

If we lived in America we wouldn't be having this conversation the right to protect yourself seems to have meaning over there. 

Edited by klatuveradanikto

On 12/11/2018 at 20:00, Terry2016 said:

They would be a brave group of individuals to walk up to a man shooting in a hide demanding  and threatening violence ... really ... i don't think so ...after all you are the one with the gun and they do not know how you would react .. and who is around .. after all its a remote spot.. 

Well put it this way, I will NOT be handing over the gun.
Once you have done that, you have passed your life over into their hands to do with as they please, they may decide that it would be preferable to not have a witness to the crime ?
Any criminal who has the balls to come up and demand a gun from an armed person, has the balls to do far worse.
Its not happening.

This is the first decent reply from Rewulf, to my original post " It's a trap " " Troll in my opinion " and other garbage submitted, simple question, simple answer, but at least it gave the weekend key cowboys, something to do, thought it was a reasonable question, but it seems it wasn't. just wanted to know, where you stood legally, no ulterior motive intended,

22 minutes ago, Gunnut said:

This is the first decent reply from Rewulf, to my original post " It's a trap " " Troll in my opinion " and other garbage submitted, simple question, simple answer, but at least it gave the weekend key cowboys, something to do, thought it was a reasonable question, but it seems it wasn't. just wanted to know, where you stood legally, no ulterior motive intended,

Sorry but how can we say were one would stand legally  , all i would say " it better to be judged by twelve , than carried by six " .

20 minutes ago, old'un said:

Remove forend from gun, then barrels, grip the muzzle of the barrels with both hands, you now have a tool that most (not all) would back away from.

If that goes according to plan thats great.

If it goes wrong , you get beaten to death with your own gun in a lonely field somewhere.

No thank you.
You have the right to defend yourself, and others,  using reasonable force, if you believe the person trying to remove the gun from your possession is going to cause death or injury to yourself or others , using said gun, then its your civic duty 🙂 to prevent this from happening.
If that means losing your ticket, then at least your conscience is clear 😉