cookoff013

Making beachcasting rigs

On 08/11/2018 at 10:48, Diss4111 said:

Any tips? I'm thinking about Abbotsbury or West Bexington

i fished abbo the other week seems best area at the moment walk to the dragons teeth get away from the crowds

colin

On 09/11/2018 at 09:51, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, give Weymouth angling centre a call for local reports on the east end of chesil beach and west bay angling centre Bridport for the same,  this is what i use to do although the shop on portland road has changed to a new owner, living inland i had to rely on local knowledge, when i fished Portsmouth area i went to Alans marine  shop, or Hayling island there is a tackle shop there, all good for bait to, good luck 

or try abbo's fishing tackle shop i find west bay will tell you what they want not the best info 

On 09/11/2018 at 09:55, Diss4111 said:

Thanks, 

I have some lug ordered at Weymouth Angling Centre so I'll ask while i'm there. I am favouring the western end as my missus is at River Cottage on a course so i won't have too far to drive.

if your going west end of beach then go west bay park in carpark by cliff's and walk east for about 20 min's till you reach the dip small bit along cliff's that dips down for about 50 meters and fish there my fav place

colin

On 09/11/2018 at 09:55, Diss4111 said:

Thanks, 

I have some lug ordered at Weymouth Angling Centre so I'll ask while i'm there. I am favouring the western end as my missus is at River Cottage on a course so i won't have too far to drive.

hello Diss, how did you get on with your days beach fishing ??

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello Diss, how did you get on with your days beach fishing ??

It was fun, 20 MPH on shore winds made casting interesting. I fished for 4 hours on the ebb and had whiting, dogfish and a strap conger about 2 foot long. Weymouth Angling Centre suggested Preston Beach as it would be calmer but Abbotsbury was calling.

7 minutes ago, Diss4111 said:

It was fun, 20 MPH on shore winds made casting interesting. I fished for 4 hours on the ebb and had whiting, dogfish and a strap conger about 2 foot long. Weymouth Angling Centre suggested Preston Beach as it would be calmer but Abbotsbury was calling.

hello, thats a fair blow Diss, and fish caught, i use to love that salty air and rough sea fishing, cold nights in thermals and all in one suite looked like the michelin man but hey happy times fishing:lol: