JONO

Dear all,

Am looking to acquire an airgun and am used to general gun maintenance but can you help me with the following queries:

- If the airgun (.22 spring underlever) is only to be used occasionally (perhaps once a month) what sort of cleaning kit and regime would I need?

- I'm looking to take out rats, corvids and bunnies at ranges up to 50 yards - what pellets should I be thinking to use?

Many thanks

Jon

I HAVE A BSA SUPERTEN WHICH I USE FOR PEST CONTROL, I GIVE IT A WIPE WITH A OILY CLOTH WHEN IM FINISHED, IVE NEVER CLEANED THE BARREL IN 2 YEARS AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS.

I USE GAMO PRO MAGNUM .22'S, THEY SEEM TO DO THE JOB WELL.

:P hiya matey , i know u said about springers but i have an AAs410k pre-charged, had loadsa rabbits rats etc etc etc.....never clean the barrel until you have shot about 10,000 rounds through it,(through my experience) yes generally oil your stock and metalwork because if you ever get blood on ur metalwork....wowowowow you watch it rust....

all the best ....ray

I always keep my TX200Hc away from water. sometimes use an oily cloth to wipe the barrel. As for the inside of the barrel, I would say maybe 6 months I will do it once. if you don't shoot much, then maybe once a year. remember to lube it when you clean the barrel. Only needs like 2 or 3 drops of oil at the linkage of the underlever, never put oil in the piston area, you want to avoid any dieseling from too much oil.