another "mainly"

ditchman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's had to stop on the way, picking up a few bottles of that cheap red. Slurrrpppp!

Maybe Ditchy can become the PW Vitner. We could have a weekly update on a red tipple.

Who was that nettlesome woman who passed herself off a  wine aficionado , she used to be on the telly in late 80's early 90's? I can recall her being on Good moaning Britain occasionally. She used to be on some other food program, however the names elude me.

Can't wait for this weeks project.

17 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

He's had to stop on the way, picking up a few bottles of that cheap red. Slurrrpppp!

Maybe Ditchy can become the PW Vitner. We could have a weekly update on a red tipple.

Who was that nettlesome woman who passed herself off a  wine aficionado , she used to be on the telly in late 80's early 90's? I can recall her being on Good moaning Britain occasionally. She used to be on some other food program, however the names elude me.

you larf........i bought a bottle of red from the spar shop yesterday...............£5.00 quid  i tell-ee................all it had on the front was "Red Wine"........and a spar shop logo........

i left it to breath.........(well more of a gasp) for 3 hours....................and it was very acceptable...:good:

44 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Was that Jilly Goolden?

Sounds like their savers saver range, who cares as long as it is quoffable.

I have not bought a bottle of red for years, the hangovers even after 1-2 glasses used to be of  biblical proportion. I remember in the late 90's when I worked in coronary intensive care the cardiologists would have a weekly discussion about what red they were drinking. All evidence based of course, and it it added a new dimension at the end of the ward round.

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

Was that Jilly Goolden?

Arrgghhh that's her Panoma!

Have been wracking my brain, thank you for putting me out of my misery.

atb

7diaw

20 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Sounds like their savers saver range, who cares as long as it is quoffable.

I have not bought a bottle of red for years, the hangovers even after 1-2 glasses used to be of  biblical proportion. I remember in the late 90's when I worked in coronary intensive care the cardiologists would have a weekly discussion about what red they were drinking. All evidence based of course, and it it added a new dimension at the end of the ward round.

Arrgghhh that's her Panoma!

Have been wracking my brain, thank you for putting me out of my misery.

atb

7diaw

Your welcome! 👍

my son-in-law is a wine buyer for one of the BIG supermakets.............in 5 years i have received ONE BLOODY BOTTLE from him.....and that wasnt even good enought to wash yer bottom with.............tight wad.

Edited by ditchman

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

my son-in-law is a wine buyer for one of the BIG supermakets.............in 5 years i have received ONE BLOODY BOTTLE from him.....and that wasnt even good enought to wash yer bottom with.............tight wad.

Didn't the Romans wash their backsides with fermented wine which was dipped onto rag wrapped around a stick?

now to more serious matters...............

i have gone back to the first prong and re-cut it as the ferrul was proud of the handle...so it has shortened it...and i have just cut the brass pommell for it ...which i will put up for you later...got to do some silver soldering first...then sink the lock pins with the pommell into epoxy in the handle base....i will leave that overnight to harden then grind and polish tomorrow..................

re-do 001tn_.JPG

re-do 002tn_.JPG

re-do 003tn_.JPG

re-do 004tn_.JPG

Just now, 7daysinaweek said:

Didn't the Romans wash their backsides with fermented wine which was dipped onto rag wrapped around a stick?

yes...or vinegar on a sponge on a stick ......thats where the saying comes from...."ive got the poo'ey end of the stick"

1 hour ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Ah, every day is a learning day, thank you for enlightening me.

Any roads the knife is coming along great, loving the handle, natures scrimshaw!

im very tempted to do some scrimshaw.............but it will be taken from stone age cave paintings.........if i could somehow down load particular scenes and make a transfer....then i could trace it onto the handle and etch it out.............

if someone could do that it might be worth a knife..........:hmm:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

im very tempted to do some scrimshaw.............but it will be taken from stone age cave paintings.........if i could somehow down load particular scenes and make a transfer....then i could trace it onto the handle and etch it out.............

if someone could do that it might be worth a knife..........:hmm:

Produce a stencil using a thermal printer? Like they do in tattoo shops?

/Markus

2 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Produce a stencil using a thermal printer? Like they do in tattoo shops?

/Markus

or a laser etching on some paper...then just paint thro' lift away and start etching the design :good:

there must be somebody who can do that on PW