Sickening attitude to Remembrance

JohnfromUK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Scully said:

I don’t understand how anyone can dress ‘inappropriately’ at a remembrance service anymore than they can for a funeral. If they made the effort to be there to pay sincere respects then that’s all that’s necessary. If they’re there under duress and their respects aren’t sincere, then it doesn’t matter how smartly they’re dressed.

I despise corbyn, but he turned up and laid a wreath, there are many that didn't throughout the country, that is their prerogative, and corbyn may have looked a bag of cow muck but again he was there.So even though i despise him , i think the anger toward him is a bit OTT on this occasion
Some at two parades i attended yesterday annoyed me for wearing medals they were not entitled to or had bought on the internet to big themselves up in the eyes of others, i despise them as well.

While a lot of his comments and beliefs are downright disrespectful and poisonous. Some of his points made about the living veterans being homeless “I feel” have a valid place in being discussed! And if it is in fact true that the RBL do not interject in this matter calling on government to try and do more, nor seek to find a solution to the issue themselves, it does rather leave you questioning their policies! 

I have always placed a few quid in the collection box for the RBL and will continue to do so! But if the comments have truth, perhaps they could approach the government and try to get some form of solution? After all, there are plenty of old military installations that are redundant! How about setting up a half way type accommodation system? Being among other ex military personnel may help, being that they will all have similar stories and understand each other perhaps better than many civvies would? 

18 hours ago, welsh1 said:

I despise corbyn, but he turned up and laid a wreath, there are many that didn't throughout the country, that is their prerogative, and corbyn may have looked a bag of cow muck but again he was there.So even though i despise him , i think the anger toward him is a bit OTT on this occasion
Some at two parades i attended yesterday annoyed me for wearing medals they were not entitled to or had bought on the internet to big themselves up in the eyes of others, i despise them as well.

Corbyn was only there because he HAD to be!  As Leader of the Opposition, it was his duty to be there (just think how many voters he would have lost if he had failed to turn up!  He never attended Remembrance Day services before his  rise to be Supreme Leader of the braindead, he never attended memorial services for British  servicemen killed serving our country,  BUT he has been known to attend memorial services for dead IRA murderers, and Middle Eastern terrorists!

1 hour ago, Lord Geordie said:

While a lot of his comments and beliefs are downright disrespectful and poisonous. Some of his points made about the living veterans being homeless “I feel” have a valid place in being discussed! And if it is in fact true that the RBL do not interject in this matter calling on government to try and do more, nor seek to find a solution to the issue themselves, it does rather leave you questioning their policies! 

I have always placed a few quid in the collection box for the RBL and will continue to do so! But if the comments have truth, perhaps they could approach the government and try to get some form of solution? After all, there are plenty of old military installations that are redundant! How about setting up a half way type accommodation system? Being among other ex military personnel may help, being that they will all have similar stories and understand each other perhaps better than many civvies would? 

Until he became the Labour Leader, he has never given a damn about homeless ex=servicemen! That speech was the speech of a hypocrite!