690 Black Edition action wear

Brian-B690

Have any Beretta 690 black edition owners had this problem where the black paint on the action is wearing off, I was talking to a guy at my local club who had the 690 black the same as me but he had changed his gun when I asked him why it was because of the paint coming off the action he has the 10 year guarantee when he called GMK the distributors for Beretta in the UK they told him it was down to wear and tear when he told them the gun is only 15 months old and should not be wearing out in 15 months they then tried to blame him cleaning the gun with solvents he told them he had never used solvents on the exterior of the gun and it was down to the gun not being fit for purpose he then told me after insisting on the gun not being fit for purpose and wanting to speak to a manager who eventually got back to him offering a new action and barrels which he took and immediately exchanged the 690 for a 692 not the black edition, I was wondering has anybody else had similar problems and what was the outcome

Gave up on that halfway through, but from the title I’d guess it’s another poor quality Beretta post. 

I doubt anything will be resolved until people start complaining to Beretta directly, or stop buying their products. I get the impression recent lower end Berettas just aren’t worth the expense anymore. 

On 10/11/2018 at 10:53, button said:

I really like plain black actioned guns, Zoli, Perazzi, Browning etc and this is the thing that stops me itching that scratch!

Glad you got it sorted 

Why the Zoli and Perazzi aren’t coated they are blacked, yes they will wear over time but no different to barrels and then you reblack them they look like new again.