Loose action pin on Miroku MK70

Wingman

Afternoon All

I had the good fortune to spend this morning at the local clay ground and managed to shoot a good 150 odd clays with my MK70.  As always the gun was faultless unlike my shooting.  Whilst cleaning it I noticed a very small amount of play (about 1mm) on one of the pins at the rear of the action, see the picture below the pin in question in marked in red:

M70.jpg.334208b2b352e57933ef525e0fe2f602.jpg

Not overly concerned about it as the gun works perfectly but I was wondering if anyone can tell me what it is and whether the tiny amount of play needs to be looked into.

Cheers All

1 hour ago, Wingman said:

Afternoon All

I had the good fortune to spend this morning at the local clay ground and managed to shoot a good 150 odd clays with my MK70.  As always the gun was faultless unlike my shooting.  Whilst cleaning it I noticed a very small amount of play (about 1mm) on one of the pins at the rear of the action, see the picture below the pin in question in marked in red:

M70.jpg.334208b2b352e57933ef525e0fe2f602.jpg

Not overly concerned about it as the gun works perfectly but I was wondering if anyone can tell me what it is and whether the tiny amount of play needs to be looked into.

Cheers All

That pin is the cocking lever pin - on my Browning it had a set screw to hold it tight. You could only see it after removing the stock. On the left side if I remember correctly. (Not sure if the MK70 is the same setup but assume so.)