Standards - what happened to them?

Gordon R

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I think you mean the motability scheme? Blue badge holders do not automatically qualify for this either!

Yes thats what i was on about, i was actually eating my steak pie at the time, having problems trying to balance as many peas on the moist pastry as i could. 

thats why it was a bit brief. 

A genuine question and thought after working in my local town the past week.

why do disabled drivers park on double yellows? 

I thought the reason they’re double yellows is it’s dangerous to park there ? 

I totally get disabled parking spaces near the front the same as child spaces but when they’re full they continue onto double yellows. 

2 hours ago, team tractor said:

why do disabled drivers park on double yellows?

I totally get disabled parking spaces near the front the same as child spaces but when they’re full they continue onto double yellows. 

Because they are authorised to do so!............And because they are disabled! I imagine?

8 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Because they are authorised to do so!............And because they are disabled! I imagine?

8 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I get parking near the front but double yellows are for a reason.

why can they break the law ? 

Not a dig at disabled people but a genuine question.

if it’s dangerous it’s dangerous and it’s for safety reasons 

19 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

But a blue badge holder parking on double yellow lines is NOT breaking the law!

I know but I’m lost why ? No other can . What’s so different to say another driver/car ? 

The picture in the post shows cars parked dangerous on double yellows on a junction but it’s legal to do so. 

As I say I get disabled spaces near shops 

34 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

But a blue badge holder parking on double yellow lines is NOT breaking the law!

If its in an unsafe position them im afraid it will be an offence. The problem being is proving either way, its unsafe or not. If plod says your parking is unsafe the its unsafe. 

No matter what badge you have stuck on your windscreen. 

I am not defending stupid, selfish, dangerous parking whether showing a blue badge or not, anyone parking thus on double yellow lines should be prosecuted........whether there is an offence under the RTA of a blue badge holder parking dangerously/selfishly on double yellow lines.....I don't know? Can't say I've ever heard of a case!

31 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I am not defending stupid, selfish, dangerous parking whether showing a blue badge or not, anyone parking thus on double yellow lines should be prosecuted........whether there is an offence under the RTA of a blue badge holder parking dangerously/selfishly on double yellow lines.....I don't know? Can't say I've ever heard of a case!

That’s all I meant :) 😎

Both have a pass out for being mentally inadequate that was the reason why they were issued with them.

Easy fellas. I make living out of repairing the damage these retards are causing.

It's only a short thread, but two of the most stupid and offensive comments I have seen in some time.