England vs New Zealand

chrisjpainter

38 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

i just watched highlights of the England v NZ can someone tell me why the crowd disrespected the HAKA by singing  over it shameful 

The Haka is the challenge to the opposition designed to intimidate.......facing them down is accepting the challenge and singing over it is saying we are not intimidated!.........It's not and not meant to be.....disrespectful!

England showed they weren't intimidated, a great test match, even if I believe England were robbed! Lol!

I'm  not sure I like Eddie Jones's idea of singing over the haka. For better or worse the haka is part of rugby tradition and deserves some respect accordingly. Sure, any time New Zealand play away, the home crowd could drown it out -  sing, whistle, boo, whatever. But really, that's like humming loudly when someone is talking to you. You're not refuting what  they're saying,  you're just being rude and annoying them on purpose. It's all a bit soccerish and, to my mind  shouldn't have a place in rugby. I hope other nation's supporters don't go along with Jones and preserve a bit of decorum.

Edited by Retsdon

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

The Haka is the challenge to the opposition designed to intimidate.......facing them down is accepting the challenge and singing over it is saying we are not intimidated!.........It's not and not meant to be.....disrespectful!

England showed they weren't intimidated, a great test match, even if I believe England were robbed! Lol!

^^^^^^^^ This. 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Shameful?

Get real.

I agree, I think it was done brilliantly.

The hukka was done and it was recognised by the England players standing and facing it - respectfully - but the crowd simply turned to their tradition of Swing Low. I'd so much rather that that the booing that's been meted out on occasion - most notably by welsh crowds. Great atmosphere

I already new the result and saw bits of the game yesterday, saw a lot of line outs go wrong.

Just watched the highlights, looked a good game, should have kicked the penalty but hindsight is wonderful, it probably was offside judging by CL reaction or 50/50 would have been a great end to the game.

16 hours ago, oowee said:

It's a game for gods sake. They are trying for advantage so are we. 

They are not trying for an advantage they are inviting the other players to go to war nothing to do with an advantage if the players on the field want to react to the Haka  its to them not the crowd disrespectful  and if Wales do the same thing  i will say the same about them

Edited by Rim Fire

50 minutes ago, henry d said:

Richard Cockerill`s view of the Haka... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hOZRHpleH8

Worth noting we got smashed in that game! 

I think lining up, shoulder to shoulder impassively staring down the AB's is the best way to do it. It shows cultural respect, doesn't rile up the kiwis and make them angry, but also shows a no fear spirit. Good for the game when done well

I only saw the highlights and didn't know why the hakka was being sung over, i wouldn't have been happy if i was at Twickenham and didn't hear it, I've just put the rugby league game on, a very respectful start with all players paying their respects and the hakka then given its own respect.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I only saw the highlights and didn't know why the hakka was being sung over, i wouldn't have been happy if i was at Twickenham and didn't hear it, I've just put the rugby league game on, a very respectful start with all players paying their respects and the hakka then given its own respect.

+1    I dont think England had there harts in it as they had won the series anyway 

changes made, kiwis well up for it after having lost two games, three disallowed tries and the ref letting NZ get away with a lot early on, It was always going to be tough but the score line didn't really reflect the game.

and I've still got ten mins to watch 😂😂 

'Rule 15.4:

Each team has an offside line that runs parallel to the goal line through the ruck participants’ hindmost foot. 

Rule 15.6

A player may join alongside but not in front of the hindmost player.'

Lawes is in the situation under 15.6. If we're to assume 'hindmost player' and 'hindmost foot' mean the same as 'hindmost foot' as in 15.4, I THINK Itoje is onside - just

image.png.9f86423bba6263c58fbce95c8ce28454.png

What's thrown it into confusion is the player in the circle. Lawes is behind the original ruck offside line but the clearout has pushed an England player's body back again. His feet, however are still in the ruck, so the 'hindmost foot' still puts Itoje onside. 

The offside line runs not where most of England are lined up, but more just (JUST) in front of where Lawes is standing. This is of course based on 'hindmost foot' and hindmost player meaning 'hindmost foot'. If it means 'hindmost player' then Lawes is offside

Anyone know which it is?!

Edited by chrisjpainter

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

'Rule 15.4:

Each team has an offside line that runs parallel to the goal line through the ruck participants’ hindmost foot. 

Rule 15.6

A player may join alongside but not in front of the hindmost player.'

Itoje is in the situation under 15.6. If we're to assume 'hindmost player' and 'hindmost foot' mean the same as 'hindmost foot' as in 15.4, I THINK Itoje is onside - just

image.png.9f86423bba6263c58fbce95c8ce28454.png

What's thrown it into confusion is the player in the circle. Itoje is behind the original ruck offside line but the clearout has pushed an England player's body back again. His feet, however are still in the ruck, so the 'hindmost foot' still puts Itoje onside. 

The offside line runs not where most of England are lined up, but more just (JUST) in front of where Itoje is standing. This is of course based on 'hindmost foot' and hindmost player meaning 'hindmost foot'. If it means 'hindmost player' then Itoje's offside

Anyone know which it is?!

Or even Courtney Laws?