New shape Nissan X trail

Dazza9t9

Good morning everyone,

so after some considerable thinking and back and forth with the Mrs. Time has come to replace my trusty 2004 X trail. Most of my driving is the 60 mile per day commute to work. When I am out shooting and off road it is only stubble fields, farm tracks, the normal general stuff really.

been and looked at a fair few different makes models, all the usual, however the last one I looked at was a new shape, 2015 Nissan X Trail Tekna. And I have to say I was massively impressed with it. 

Does anyone on here have one, thoughts, experiences etc

One of the lads on my shoot has one and he loves it. 

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

If your T30 is having to go because of rear suspension turret rust they are quite fixable if caught before they break through.

Dave, no the T30 is great. Underside is spotless. I’ve just spend s fair amount on suspension bushes, and arms etc

the only things that are wrong with it is diff bish and heater. However I’m just in a position to change. Shame as I love my T30, it’s got the pedders loft kit on which is great

It’s the same as the old and the Qashqai so it is 2 wheel, selectable 4 wheel and lock.

i have to say my T30 has the same and performed brilliantly... for what I needed

i am looking for a spare set of wheels and some all terrain tyres for winter months

the car comes with 19’ alloys but I am trying to find out if I can get a set of 17 with bigger tyre wall as the all terrain 

4 minutes ago, Dazza9t9 said:

It’s the same as the old and the Qashqai so it is 2 wheel, selectable 4 wheel and lock.

i have to say my T30 has the same and performed brilliantly... for what I needed

i am looking for a spare set of wheels and some all terrain tyres for winter months

the car comes with 19’ alloys but I am trying to find out if I can get a set of 17 with bigger tyre wall as the all terrain 

been looking at Nissan website and it says 2 wheel drive, it only goes to 4 wheel when it hits ice snow etc. it doesn't say you can select it. im confused?

34 minutes ago, Dazza9t9 said:

I picked up the new XT this morning and I have to say I am very impressed so far. 

It is not the most powerful vehicle I’ve driven. But it is ideal for what I need

If it's a diesel and you do decide that a bit more poke would be handy, have a look at Quantum Tuning. I got caught out a while back and bought a 173 which turned out to be a 150 so had it done. A very good move with no trouble whatsoever in some 5 years. The HP went up to 178 and the torque was an even higher percentage increase.  I won't say more as I'm talking 57 plate and things might have changed with regards to your newer model.

34 minutes ago, Dazza9t9 said:

On 12/11/2018 at 20:53, Dazza9t9 said:

Think you could go for some 225/65 R17 rims, that would keep the overall diameter of the tyre to within 6mm of the original 19 inch R55 rims.

Does the x-trial have a full size spare?

24 minutes ago, Dazza9t9 said:

Thanks Old’un, I was thinking similar.

ill start looking for some 17’s 

The vehicle will handle differently with the higher profile tyres, you may have to notify your insurance company that you have changed the OE of the vehicle.

To keep within their terms and conditions it might be worth giving them a bell/email and asking before you spend any money on new rims and tyres.

My better half has borrowed one whilst the disco is in bits. She has so far had nothing good to say about it beyond the heater being highly effective.

Her main gripes have been towing and electric handbrake related to be fair, if you don’t do the former and don’t mind the latter it’s probably ok. 

She says as soon as the horse so much as nods his head in the trailer the thing is all over the road, and it drinks even more heavily than the disco (24mpg towing but to be fair on the very few runs it has done without the trailer it has done low 40s).

Depending on the engine, it is not really a towing vehicle. I have the 1.6 diesel and I wouldn’t tow with it. I don’t tow so that was never an issue. I believe Nissan have reintroduced the 2 litre diesel for that purpose. 

Ive has it a week and I have to say, I love it. It is what it is, but I’m impressed. 

Ive has a few land rovers including a freelander, Range Rover sport, discovery sport and I just cannot see myself in another due to reliability issues. We have a new disco sport at work too and that’s been plagued with issues

shame because they have all been lovely cars