A few more 100m pigeons.

JDog

When the Autumn migrant pigeons arrive in these parts they have three favoured resting and roosting woods. The one I went to today to shoot an outbound line has such a definite line at one end that I spent a few minutes recently cutting some Salix stems and hammering them into the ground to form a permanent structure so that all I need to take when I go there is a net.

When I got there today I arrived too late for the main flight as I could see them heading out as I drove down the farm track. They could all have gone for all I knew but it was worth an hour on such a nice day with a gusting 15 mph wind. It took 30 seconds to get the net up and as soon as I was ready my first chance of the day flew by and was shot at a good distance. When Jasper retrieved it needless to say it's crop was empty. I had an hour and a half there and shot twelve pretty decent birds with my old Miroku before duty called and I had to go home. The return line had already started but a long way away. It will be there another day.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY0MDABLWU1MzgtNDk0Yi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAM%2FYyTciM6dSaoWKCu5Mf4RBwAWgy5CQJ6rT55%2BjU3ThYheAAACAQwAAAAWgy5CQJ6rT55%2BjU3ThYheAAIjVii4AAAAARIAEAB2sUJo4mxhRr2X5b%2FODV1S&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20181105.05&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=nAQyf4wb2UCNvC2jOaClvvAkuRK3SNYYF8nLB9hPXLbSH7aMmT6MyJipn-ofcNo0uUElpLu6Ak0.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.ChKtLnTrkWQs8RLLyp-Ytduo42pTjotHBAiAQzToS8nC4RB4VjSlDqI7G0eVsHVQHWVMjzeZ6UOj7sOc5mwbPpsd_7LAXcwVQb_EZmgAR93LvK42ASITqhq6ECAZJiq1gohX2LvKVr2TQyrsh8OOIXYZamLw_kYFKglMd_LDJCZJxiCtgzokkJ3EFbS8VeqAodLMTXsutx4o19HFPFV9Sy2cDMNRT1G1juLmC4KBgFyR0-JUnx-LAwpWz7hgkbpRg1NlzWTJJo9Kcyc28WPMjSfeKKe-C9KHkYs0yZnRheNAKl97eShCKoCAX2EE7tsS8gpt5sRq_8B5ZCuj5iYUiA&animation=true

are these migrants sticking to the same flightline and time......when the migrant birds start here they alweays stick to the same flightline and time...start 1.30...finished by round 3 oclock................

this continues for just over a week then stops...

Edited by ditchman

Great sport  and report, we have migrating birds that follow the river valleys and can be great sport. I have a number of Salix hides that I have built over the years that are now mature trees in a very tight circle which look almost like witchcraft. 

Its good to hear from you and your exploits into the Lincolnshire Wolds, and breaks the mold of my predictive reports, again well done.

Perhaps  we should have one week end when we all report on our outings to get an idea of how our sport is covering the country. Post game season perhaps.