14 million in poverty

Hamster

There's been a few comments about inflation being only a few percent, well those figures are pure ****, it's well over ten percent and the way inflation is measured is not accurate. Look at the price of goods compared to a few years back it's increased through the roof. Have a read of this, it's written by Tim Morgan who's an Economist and has written in the past various articles for the FT who explains out current system and situation perfectly and why it will fail. The part from "What's next" this was written back in 2016 and is even more relevant.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/un-denial.com/2017/02/03/by-tim-morgan-perfect-storm-gets-nearer-surplus-energy-economics-update/amp/

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hamster said:

😘 Thanks for gathering up all that in one post but it all kinda works against you !! 🤓 🤔 

I am the one who repeatedly asks people where they got the numbers from for their self serving assumptions !! 

I don't see how it works against me!

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of your unfounded statement. 

34 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I don't see how it works against me!

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of your unfounded statement. 

I stated something that was clearly based on assumptions, you pointed it out and I put my hand up and agreed. I then pointed out your failure to spot the rhetorical assumptions about scroungers, fag smokers, unemployed etc, etc, which has formed 90% of this thread - what part of that is confusing you ? 

36 minutes ago, Whatmuff said:

Could be! Let's face it it's so hard to believe anything that the media or people publish these days.

So why are we debating just that then ?

Are 14 million people living in poverty, or are 14 million people living on an income of less than 55% of the median net income ?
The difference is someones definition of poverty.

39 minutes ago, Hamster said:

I stated something that was clearly based on assumptions, you pointed it out and I put my hand up and agreed. I then pointed out your failure to spot the rhetorical assumptions about scroungers, fag smokers, unemployed etc, etc, which has formed 90% of this thread - what part of that is confusing you ? 

But I didn't need to point that out, as you had already done that. 

The bit that is confusing is how you can ask others to backup their statements and then make such a wild assumption yourself! Then try to make out that I am the hypocrite for not pointing out something that you already pointed out!

I agree that you accepted that your statement was unfounded but you then tried to make out that I am the hypocrite.

Like I said I just followed your lead in asking people to backup their wild assumptions.

Edited by Newbie to this

40 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

But I didn't need to point that out, as you had already done that. 

The bit that is confusing is how you can ask others to backup their statements and then make such a wild assumption yourself! Then try to make out that I am the hypocrite for not pointing out something that you already pointed out!

I agree that you accepted that your statement was unfounded but you then tried to make out that I am the hypocrite.

Like I said I just followed your lead in asking people to backup their wild assumptions.

No it wasn't because I had already done that 🙄, it was because you did not care about their assumptions but took exception to mine, besides, I also did say that I deliberately did so anyway because you know, why shouldn't I ?! 

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

There you go making assumptions again!

OK then, copy paste me a post where you admonished someone for "assuming" that these figures comprise largely of fag smokers and people watching big screen TV's with nail varnish.  

Oh I know, you didn't because I had already done so....................................................................

11 minutes ago, Hamster said:

OK then, copy paste me a post where you admonished someone for "assuming" that these figures comprise largely of fag smokers and people watching big screen TV's with nail varnish.  

Oh I know, you didn't because I had already done so....................................................................

Exactly. No need to you already did.

Edited by Newbie to this

2 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

I'm confused. Did the nurse get married then divorced or just not married at all.

The nurse was married but her husband was a dole monkey (fags, phone and big telly) unable to help with the rent and so she did what all savvy nurses do, and that was marry a Consultant and now she owns a street in Bromley (mortgage free).

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Are you joking !?
So the 'aliens' werent just taking a more pro active action to redistribute the countrys wealth by 'migrating' there ? 🤣

Besides the fact that the Skandi countries 'had it right' because they had a good strong work ethic, very low unemployment, coupled with high taxes, that paid for excellent social schemes.
Lets see where those policies get them in 20 years, with a generation of imported people with none of those ethics ?
Very poor argument Retsdon.

I don't mind a robust argument but when you deliberately answer off topic just to get in a personal dig it's all a bit pointless. So I'm off to look at nice pictures of side by sides. And like Oates, I may be some little time....

34 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

I'm confused. Did the nurse get married then divorced or just not married at all

I believe she got divorced then went to work in dubai on 100k a year tax free came back after five years and moved into a penthouse apartment in canary wharf with her lesbian lover she met on the plane home. 

4 hours ago, Whatmuff said:
7 hours ago, amateur said:

Ok so she's now single and looking for somewhere to live. She can't afford anywhere in the South East. Rewulf says she can move to Sheffield where she can afford but travel to Bromley? Are you for real?? Do you have any idea of the living costs in the Southeast? Or the shortage of nurses in the NHS? And you can't put two and two together? And Chelsea? Really! So the whole south of England goes up in value to Chelsea prices then that's fine? Push everyone else out and move in the rich because that's the way it is? Let's hope the hospitals in the South East can be sustained with staff.

If you price everyone out of a District/County then how do you suppose you find people for the lower paid jobs? I grew up in Kent and my entire family is there, so I should just move North instead of the Government dealing with the issue and inflating the housing market for investors. 

Somehow Whatmuff ascribed his own words incorrectly to me.

The situation in London and the South east is very simple. There are very desirable places to live in that most of us cannot afford, however there are plenty of other, nearby, areas of (for the Southeast) reasonably priced housing. 

Workers commute, that's just how it is here.

Admittedly, Bromley is a ****** to commute to, but hey ho, and why the housing is so expensive there defeats me

2 minutes ago, amateur said:

Somehow Whatmuff ascribed his own words incorrectly to me.

The situation in London and the South east is very simple. There are very desirable places to live in that most of us cannot afford, however there are plenty of other, nearby, areas of (for the Southeast) reasonably priced housing. 

Workers commute, that's just how it is here.

Admittedly, Bromley is a ****** to commute to, but hey ho, and why the housing is so expensive there defeats me

Agreed I can't understand why it's so expensive. But it's the entire South East. There is no where to commute from, everywhere is priced way to high and many low income workers will never be able to buy or rent in these areas. 

35 minutes ago, Whatmuff said:

Agreed I can't understand why it's so expensive. But it's the entire South East. There is no where to commute from, everywhere is priced way to high and many low income workers will never be able to buy or rent in these areas. 

This is a misconception that the entire Southeast is unaffordable.

If there were not reasonably priced places for the workers to live and commute from, how do you think that businesses could survive?

OK, compared to other parts of the country, houses are expensive, but affordable houses are there - just not in "desirable" areas.

The difference is that, compared to some parts of the country, employment is available - if you are prepared to travel to it. 

36 minutes ago, amateur said:

This is a misconception that the entire Southeast is unaffordable.

If there were not reasonably priced places for the workers to live and commute from, how do you think that businesses could survive?

OK, compared to other parts of the country, houses are expensive, but affordable houses are there - just not in "desirable" areas.

The difference is that, compared to some parts of the country, employment is available - if you are prepared to travel to it. 

I live in the South East and there really isn't anything for 90k. As far as Luton or Ashford may get you a flat for 150k but this is insanity in itself. Anyone who buys a flat for 150k with interest rates at near zero is asking for defaults and repossession.