Merlin64

John Wilson

Just heard the sad news that John Wilson passed away , one of our Angling legends And fantastic presenter . I loved his shows so inspiring. Rest in peace John 

remember him in his little shop in norwich (near the mustard shop)...he kitted me out with a load of gear before i went to uganda for the nile perch.......nice bloke..

shame...loved his programmes

RIP boi..........

Edited by ditchman

That's sad news. Like others I enjoyed his TV programmes.

His Avon rods were great for low water sea trout worm fishing.

Tight Lines & RIP John.

Aled

Edited by Aled

1 hour ago, sandspider said:

That's a shame, one or two of his books really got me into fishing at a young age.

And me. I remember watching go fishing on the little tv in our touring caravan whilst away on fishing holidays away. He used to get ridiculously excited when he had a bite.

Saw it on our local news tonight , he died today following a stroke at the weekend at his home in Thailand age 75 .

I was never really into fishing as most of my time was spent shooting but I loved watching his programs on the box about fishing and the different places where he went , for the length of the program you just forgot about about lifes little, and sometimes big problems , you smiled at his laughter and admired his skill at fishing , a very likable person .               R I P   J W