Thanks To.......

wymberley

Optics Warehouse and Schmidt and Bender.

OK, it's not the be all and end all, but never-the-less a generous response which is gratefully received. I got myself a used Precision Hunter scope which is unblemished apart from the elevation turret cap which shows signs of wear and tear and which spoils the overall look a tad. A quick e-mail to OW and S&B are sending one over and all it's costing me is a few pence postage.

The heating's not working says the wife so I agonisingly crawl out of bed and with yet more pain manage to recharge the boiler pressure. Heading for the lounge with a hot cup of tea clenched in both hands, I notice an envelope in the letter box. There's no way I can open it but know what it is so pass it to wife to open and confirm. For a few seconds the pain disappeared to be replaced by gratitude - OK, it came back but the gratitude remains. With no sign of a carrier or Post Office labels I can only assume that someone - or a customer - from OW lives locally and delivered the cap by hand. Nice one, People and thank you very much indeed.

Edit: Yep, just seen an e-mail - one of the guys lives locally.

Edited by wymberley

Have you not had your hospital appointment yet ? 

Good to see people go the extra mile [literally] to deliver a great service. I recently ordered a shotgun bead from Anglers Choice. Dundee, on Ebay,  paid for in the afternoon delivered the next day... not bad considering i live in the Outer Hebrides..:good: 

No, I have the date now though - 5 Dec. I've been messing about with the prescriptions while staying within the limits of the permitted daily doses but nothing really seems to touch the pain although by mid afternoon it does get less. I have a feeling that it won't ease until the inflamation is controlled.