Crop contents.

JDog

Lacking a formal education I am unable to recall the superlatives required to describe this afternoon's one hour session on a return line from which I have just returned. Instead I will post a picture which may interest some.

These are the crop contents of pigeons shot on a return line. One had enjoyed some sort of Malus plus Hawthorn berries whilst the others just had berries in their crops. How one would ever set up to decoy birds feeding on such things I cannot imagine.

DSC07940.JPG

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

they are feasting........................put those aside.. they will taste nice roasted with cherry sauce glace....sherried carrots with black pepper (ground) and honey roasted parsnips......

Sound very nice ditchy boy , sherried carrots , cherry sauce , but way out of reach for us coastal boys who think chips on the market is five star meal 😋

Have you got a recipe for the few I have been getting lately with bits of sugar beet , old spuds and with the odd acorn top up with small snails ?

16 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Sound very nice ditchy boy , sherried carrots , cherry sauce , but way out of reach for us coastal boys who think chips on the market is five star meal 😋

Have you got a recipe for the few I have been getting lately with bits of sugar beet , old spuds and with the odd acorn top up with small snails ?

yeah................dig a hole in the ground put them in and forget about them....then go down the butchers and buy a freerange chicken,,,,,