• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, markm said:

Quote them “skim reader”

of course, give us the solution as well. 

She has left us indefinitely in the Customs Union with all that entails and under the control of the ECJ until THEY decide we can leave.  That is most definitely not leaving!!!

It is not my job to sort Leaving it is Governments there should have been a plan before the vote was even offered but as we deal with the rest of the world on WTO with no issues we should have left with no deal on those terms then negotiated from a position of strength.

May is nothing but an EU Quisling and I hope she is gone by then end of the month.

22 minutes ago, JRDS said:

She has left us indefinitely in the Customs Union with all that entails and under the control of the ECJ until THEY decide we can leave.  That is most definitely not leaving!!!

It is not my job to sort Leaving it is Governments there should have been a plan before the vote was even offered but as we deal with the rest of the world on WTO with no issues we should have left with no deal on those terms then negotiated from a position of strength.

May is nothing but an EU Quisling and I hope she is gone by then end of the month.

I guess it all depends now whether Mogg wants to put forth the vote of no confidence and see who stands up with him. 

21 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I guess it all depends now whether Mogg wants to put forth the vote of no confidence and see who stands up with him. 

The economy’s “losers”, as Rees-Mogg ... called them, who “do not excel in problem-solving or possess globally marketable skills”, would turn to nationalism and bitter nostalgia. They would “seek to thwart the movement of capital and people across borders”. Two decades ago, The Sovereign Individual prophesied that in the 21st century, “many of the ablest people” would use “clearheaded cost-benefit analysis” to assess what was in their best interests. They would “cease to think of themselves as party to a nation”.

“My father, with whom I discussed all aspects of politics and finance, was the greatest influence in my professional life.” 

The respective words of the Rees-Moggs, father and son. I wouldn't trust Jacob Rees Mogg an inch.

11 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

The economy’s “losers”, as Rees-Mogg ... called them, who “do not excel in problem-solving or possess globally marketable skills”, would turn to nationalism and bitter nostalgia. They would “seek to thwart the movement of capital and people across borders”. Two decades ago, The Sovereign Individual prophesied that in the 21st century, “many of the ablest people” would use “clearheaded cost-benefit analysis” to assess what was in their best interests. They would “cease to think of themselves as party to a nation”.

“My father, with whom I discussed all aspects of politics and finance, was the greatest influence in my professional life.” 

The respective words of the Rees-Moggs, father and son. I wouldn't trust Jacob Rees Mogg an inch.

The man , all men , have a right to change their minds when circumstances change.

20 years is a long time in politics.

Not spineless. She's between a rock and a hard place. Parliament is not representative of the people on this issue. If given the choice, I cannot see parliament voting through the result of the referendum or what either of them had in their manifesto about leaving the single market and the customs union. 

26 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

He was the bloke who negotiated it!

No he wasn't (Dominic Raab). It's the civil servant Ollie Robbins. He was also the reason David Davis resigned who was working on one paper, whilst Mr Robbins worked on another done in conjunction with Teresa May.

Edited by yod dropper

32 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Raab has just jumped!

waiting on the vote of no confidence ... 

But who is there who can do a better job?. It was always a poison chalice, nobody with half an ounce of common sense it going to want to step into Mays shoes.

May should not have trusted Oliver Robbins,  he's not done her any favours in my opinion.

They are still going to be arguing over this in a hundred years time, only then they will have the benefit of hindsight.

Edited by Vince Green

Just now, Vince Green said:

But who is there who can do a better job?. It was always a poison chalice, nobody with half an ounce of common sense it going to want to step into Mays shoes.

May should not have trusted Oliver Robbins,  he's not done her any favours in my opinion.

Well there is probably no one who can do a worse job!

21 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

No he wasn't (Dominic Raab). It's the civil servant Ollie Robbins. He was also the reason David Davis resigned who was working on one paper, whilst Mr Robbins worked on another done in conjunction with Teresa May.

I'll happily concede that he didn't physically draft the agreement himself, but he was the 'Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union''. Are you suggesting that as Secretary of State he was so far behind on his brief that he  had no idea of what was being discussed and agreed concerning the terms for 'exiting the European Union'? If that's the case, he must have been even more incompetent and feckless than even I'd given him credit for.

Edited by Retsdon

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well there is probably no one who can do a worse job!

+1

JRM for me , thats if he wants it.
Hes clear and precise about what the vote was about, and delivering it.
He also wont stand for any nonsense from Brussels.

Lets put this into perspective, there have been ideas and proposals about how to implement Brexit, keeping everyone , including the EU , happy.
We dont actually need to be nasty about it, but a forthright assertion of what WE want, (thats the electorate, not parliament and not the EU ) should have been the primary mission of the negotiations.
Instead May and Co have tried to appease the EU from the start, she promised Brexit WOULD  be delivered, she promised no deal would be better than a bad deal, she promised we would leave the single market and customs union.
But she has ignored every option that could achieve these aims, capitulated time and again, and bought us to this point.

All promises broken, no entertaining of any other deal than her modified Chequers deal, that no one liked the first time it was proposed, what did she think would happen ?
More resignations ,and most of the house, not just her own party in open rebellion.

Now I dont think shes stupid, but what was the point of continuing on a path that has been proven time and time again, to be doomed to failure ?
It doesnt matter what you think her agenda is , she is not going to get this deal through.
If her own party dont stop her in her tracks, parliament will.
And if they dont, I can see a march that will make your 700,000 peoples voters look like a picnic.