"Mainly" %$&^&*()((**&..owwww !

ditchman

right so im doing the rear oil seal....underneath the 90 on concrete blocks...bonnet up and BIG torque wrench on the wing (for later).....pulling the bearing cap off...moving the engine a bit...heard something roll !!

"BAMM"............all i see is white lights and stars....i feel sick as a pig...just managed to stay concieous...put my hand up to my head and there is a swelling there half the size of a golf ball...(its gone down somewhat now)..

the bloody torque wrench rolled off the wing ...slid thro' the engine bay and poleaxed me on the forehead..................christ that bloody hurt...

and it was all going so well..........

ouch 001tn_.JPG

ouch 002tn_.JPG

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well..............ive taken it for a 30 mile round trip.............got back home put the lead lamp under.............100% she's a beaut'.....not a drop of oil anywhere.......im using a different type of high temp silicon this time...quick setting..........i have used this before on the rocker cover gasket and it has never failed yet....the stuff recommended by Landrover is total rubbish ...i aint using that again.............

i am suffering from a little dissiness and it is getting worse as the bottle of wine goes down....:lol:

thats my day topday............christ it started to get cold quick after 3 o'clock.............

cajun chicken to-nite....more wine....then snore my bloody head off all night........

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

well..............ive taken it for a 30 mile round trip.............got back home put the lead lamp under.............100% she's a beaut'.....not a drop of oil anywhere.......im using a different type of high temp silicon this time...quick setting..........i have used this before on the rocker cover gasket and it has never failed yet....the stuff recommended by Landrover is total rubbish ...i aint using that again.............

i am suffering from a little dissiness and it is getting worse as the bottle of wine goes down....

thats my day topday............christ it started to get cold quick after 3 o'clock.............

cajun chicken to-nite....more wine....then snore my bloody head off all night........

Hope you feel ok this mourning Simon, may be a little headache from the wine?