RFD's around Worthing

Jongwe

1 hour ago, Seadog1408 said:

Southdown have a few, rakers at pet worth have a few more.

Thanks. I haven’t been to Southdown since Rakers left, so will have a look. Also never been to Rakers in Petworth.

I really wish more around here had decent websites for a quick browse of stock before heading over to take a look.  Sportsman Gun Center is a good site, just wish it was closer.  Perhaps a trip to Devon is in order if I get my grant.....

hello, the only problem with buying out of your area is if something goes wrong with a purchase and one long drive back, when i was waiting for my FAC  i researched on 22 L/Rs as these were the best for the land i shoot and advice from on here and the FEO, i chose the CZ 455 with synthetic stock and one local  gun shop was happy to get in so i purchased and very pleased although i wish now i had taken the wood stock version, so far its be a good reliable rifle  , looks like 3 in your area worth a consider, rakers/west sussex/ and chichester, i am sure there is one that would be happy for your custom,

2 hours ago, Jongwe said:

Thanks. I haven’t been to Southdown since Rakers left, so will have a look. Also never been to Rakers in Petworth.

I really wish more around here had decent websites for a quick browse of stock before heading over to take a look.  Sportsman Gun Center is a good site, just wish it was closer.  Perhaps a trip to Devon is in order if I get my grant.....

I did go in to sportsman earlier this year while we was on holiday that way, I can't say I'd go out if my way to go again. 

They've just had my ATA in to replace the trigger group under warranty, when I received it back they had managed to damage the chequering on the forend, put numerous scratches on the stock and take the barrel down to the metal in certain places, obviously I send it back and they've had it for over 5 weeks now and it should be back with me next week. After that I'd avoid them all together lol. 

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll have a look into those.

8 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I did go in to sportsman earlier this year while we was on holiday that way, I can't say I'd go out if my way to go again. 

They've just had my ATA in to replace the trigger group under warranty, when I received it back they had managed to damage the chequering on the forend, put numerous scratches on the stock and take the barrel down to the metal in certain places, obviously I send it back and they've had it for over 5 weeks now and it should be back with me next week. After that I'd avoid them all together lol. 

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it is not worth the hassle.

21 minutes ago, Jongwe said:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll have a look into those.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it is not worth the hassle.

No problem, would hate to think so one else would have to go through the same, 

6 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Get your self up to Chris Potter in Tunbridge Wells for a good stock list.

+1 for Chris potter, excellent place to deal with. 

10 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, the only problem with buying out of your area is if something goes wrong with a purchase and one long drive back, when i was waiting for my FAC  i researched on 22 L/Rs as these were the best for the land i shoot and advice from on here and the FEO, i chose the CZ 455 with synthetic stock and one local  gun shop was happy to get in so i purchased and very pleased although i wish now i had taken the wood stock version, so far its be a good reliable rifle  , looks like 3 in your area worth a consider, rakers/west sussex/ and chichester, i am sure there is one that would be happy for your custom,

Very good point.  I was also considering looking at the shooting show, but again it raises the same issue.  Thanks for your advice.

Funnily enough, I am also considering the CZ455, except in .17HMR.

On 17/11/2018 at 00:55, Jongwe said:

Probably a bit premature as I haven't been granted my FAC yet, but are there any RFD's with decent stock of SG, .22lr and 17HMR rifles within about 25miles of Worthing?

If you want a look and try the 455 in .22 and 17hmr  (452) ...give me a shout I'm at crawley and have a perm at Handcross ..

11 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, my friend has the 455 in 22 L/R and a 17 HMR,  

Seems to be quite a popular model it would seem. Knowing that has certainly increased my interest.

9 hours ago, BSA-airgunner said:

If you want a look and try the 455 in .22 and 17hmr  (452) ...give me a shout I'm at crawley and have a perm at Handcross ..

Thanks for the offer. Always nice to try before you drop a wad of money.

4 hours ago, spandit said:

Diamond Guns in Heathfield has a lovely Anschutz 525 22LR for sale... :)

Hmmmm. For the right price I would definitely like an Anschutz as I have done quite a bit of prone rifle and always found them to be very reliable.

The 525 isn’t actually made by Anschutz and although mine was a very reliable rifle, I can’t claim it was of the same standard as their bolt action guns. They are cheap, though, and good fun, although I chopped mine in to save on ammunition costs as I didn’t have the self control not to empty the magazine every time. It’s on sale at Diamond Guns and until it goes, I won’t be paid!

3 hours ago, spandit said:

The 525 isn’t actually made by Anschutz and although mine was a very reliable rifle, I can’t claim it was of the same standard as their bolt action guns. They are cheap, though, and good fun, although I chopped mine in to save on ammunition costs as I didn’t have the self control not to empty the magazine every time. It’s on sale at Diamond Guns and until it goes, I won’t be paid!

That's interesting to know.  Hopefully my ticket comes through soon and I can go take a look.

3 hours ago, wabbitbosher said:

We are not a million miles from you , we’ve always got a good few 22’s in stock from £100 and a good variety of over and unders and side by sides too 

Cool - do you have a site?