Ireland vs New Zealand

Mice!

Now my blood pressure's settled, I'm good to watch it! Who's brain-dead idea was it to put Jack Knowell as a centre? He was diabolical for 80 mins and only looked good when out wide - where he should be! penalties, knocks on, missed tackles, let's hope that's never tried again.

As you say Mice! this one should be a belter

4 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Now my blood pressure's settled, I'm good to watch it! Who's brain-dead idea was it to put Jack Knowell as a centre? He was diabolical for 80 mins and only looked good when out wide - where he should be! penalties, knocks on, missed tackles, let's hope that's never tried again.

As you say Mice! this one should be a belter

I watched the last twenty mins of wales, they really ran away with the game.

Don't think I'll watch the England highlights from what you've said Chris.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I watched the last twenty mins of wales, they really ran away with the game.

Don't think I'll watch the England highlights from what you've said Chris.

Embarrassingly, do watch it! Japan were so entertaining...

England were a bit of a second stringer in the first half and japan made us pay. They were electrifying with ball in hand

And breathe!!! That's how rugby should be played, the ref was great not constantly going to the replay so the game flowed, it reminded me of wales Ireland a few years ago superb defence constant pressure, and took their points when available.

Ireland for the six nations?

2 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I wish the ABs had given us that many pens and errors! That said, what a test match! Ireland's second half defence was impeccable. phase after phase of discipline. England could learn a thing or two about that

We didn't pressure the all blacks enough, Ireland certainly did.

49 minutes ago, Mice! said:

And breathe!!! That's how rugby should be played, the ref was great not constantly going to the replay so the game flowed, it reminded me of wales Ireland a few years ago superb defence constant pressure, and took their points when available.

Ireland for the six nations?

We didn't pressure the all blacks enough, Ireland certainly did.

I reserve judgement! We have to remember that England pushed the AB's hard with key players missing from the lines. Plus, I think Eddie Jones is still tinkering. I think he desperately wants Tuilagi fit - but has too many centres to start them all. Same problem at the wings. And I'm still not sure Eliot Daly at FB is a good move; he's just not secure enough under the high ball and come the six nations, Ireland Wales and Scotland like an attacking kick; he will get tested. We'll see...

13 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I reserve judgement! We have to remember that England pushed the AB's hard with key players missing from the lines. Plus, I think Eddie Jones is still tinkering. I think he desperately wants Tuilagi fit - but has too many centres to start them all. Same problem at the wings. And I'm still not sure Eliot Daly at FB is a good move; he's just not secure enough under the high ball and come the six nations, Ireland Wales and Scotland like an attacking kick; he will get tested. We'll see...

I'm not sure Tuilagi will ever be fit, and i know what you mean England were missing key players, but Ireland were great and things didn't go wrong when they made changes, like the line out.

watched most of the Scotland game and they were ok , not sure how wales were 24 a piece then scored 40 odd unanswered points.

Six nations will be interesting 

16 hours ago, millrace said:

England need to accept they arnt as good as several of their egos think and realize you have to play hard to beat teams, stop thinking they should win automatically and get a plan B.....they are so 1 dimensional in their approach at times,, you cant just barge thru.....!!!!

Well said !!!  I was going to post on this thread but you've already posted exactly what I was going to say....👍

Ireland beat the best team in the world, they forced NZ to give away penalties and make few mistakes....that's what unrelentless pressure and tight defence does.  To beat them and not concede a try absolutely fantastic.

Jacob Stockdale....i was there when he made his Ulster debut. 

What a class act and what a humble young man. And the best thing is he doesn't even realise how good he is or how big his future is going to be

Rich

23 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Embarrassingly, do watch it! Japan were so entertaining...

England were a bit of a second stringer in the first half and japan made us pay. They were electrifying with ball in hand

Just  watched the England Japan highlights 😯😯😯 it was like watching a different sport after yesterdays game, yes it was a second string team but they should be trying to say look at me, play me.

Japan looked really unorthodox but entertaining, no fear in their play.

Just reading Saturday's Daily mail, apparently yesterdays England game should have been a formality, a training exercise for the world cup in using squad players to win games while resting or saving the starting 15 , and considering a NZ 2nd team beat Japan 69-31 two weeks ago you would have expected the same.

I'll bet there were some unhappy people in the England camp today, and some cracking hangovers in Ireland.

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

Just reading Saturday's Daily mail, apparently yesterdays England game should have been a formality, a training exercise for the world cup in using squad players to win games while resting or saving the starting 15 , and considering a NZ 2nd team beat Japan 69-31 two weeks ago you would have expected the same.

I'll bet there were some unhappy people in the England camp today, and some cracking hangovers in Ireland.

If that's what they wrote, I think that's a little disingenuous towards Japan. Eddie Jones worked wonder with them in the world cup and they've built on that success. Yes, they shipped 69 points to the AB's, but they also scored 31 points and ran in 5 tries in the process. 2nd XV or not, that's impressive. 

It was a formality once the heavy cavalry came on. We were vastly improved with Farrell at 12 and Underhill on at 7, but Japan kept running.

On 18/11/2018 at 14:51, rapid rich said:

Well said !!!  I was going to post on this thread but you've already posted exactly what I was going to say....👍

Ireland beat the best team in the world, they forced NZ to give away penalties and make few mistakes....that's what unrelentless pressure and tight defence does.  To beat them and not concede a try absolutely fantastic.

Jacob Stockdale....i was there when he made his Ulster debut. 

What a class act and what a humble young man. And the best thing is he doesn't even realise how good he is or how big his future is going to be

Rich

Totally agree ,if anything Ireland could and should have won by a bigger margin given the amount of lineouts they lost on turnovers around the A.B.'s 10-15 metre line.