firearms officers visit

jeffgg

Hi Jeff. I’m in Sussex and had the FEO round the other day and they said that it should take three weeks here and I should chase them up if nothing had arrived.  However like Seadog said, it depends which county you are in. I believe that BASC did a post about different times around the country, that was however in 2017. Will try have a look a bit later and dig the link out for you.

1 minute ago, Jongwe said:

I believe that BASC did a post about different times around the country, that was however in 2017. Will try have a look a bit later and dig the link out for you.

Here you go:

https://basc.org.uk/blog/press-releases/featured-news/new-basc-study-shows-firearms-licensing-postcode-lottery/

Not sure if these are still valid though.

19 hours ago, jeffgg said:

I sent all forms in on the 23 of September  Derbyshire  and they have contacted my referees 

8 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Took my brother in law 10 months. 

Wow - this shows how lucky we are here in Sussex! I sent my forms in and had a call from the FEO in 10 calendar days and the visit four calendar days later. Was told from here on it could take three weeks to get a decision, but as I have declared medical conditions mine could be more complex.

They really should standardise countrywide and set some realistic SLA’s (based on the best counties records of course).

3 hours ago, jeffgg said:

I hope its soon so i can get a gun etc sorted 

I know the feeling.

Hi im in merseyside and had my visit about 2 weeks after poasting the forms. That was the 13th of august and they told me everything was fine. Have expirience with rf and cf (dads and shooting buddy cf)  and held my shotgun for 16 years. Im still waiting for it to drop on the door mat but you never know father christmas might bring it. Some areas is reasonably quick and other horrors are months

2 hours ago, Jongwe said:

Wow - this shows how lucky we are here in Sussex! I sent my forms in and had a call from the FEO in 10 calendar days and the visit four calendar days later. Was told from here on it could take three weeks to get a decision, but as I have declared medical conditions mine could be more complex.

They really should standardise countrywide and set some realistic SLA’s (based on the best counties records of course).

I know the feeling.

He had a declared medical condition but it was over 10 years ago with no issues since. 

The GP gave two letters saying it’s fine and nothing for over 10 years, Police kept saying they never had them, he ended up chasing again and again - they said it should finally come next week now. 

35 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

He had a declared medical condition but it was over 10 years ago with no issues since. 

The GP gave two letters saying it’s fine and nothing for over 10 years, Police kept saying they never had them, he ended up chasing again and again - they said it should finally come next week now. 

Interesting. I have also declared medical issues in mine, so hopefully the same doesn’t happen.  The Medical Secretary should be sending me a copy for my records, which will help in case the original does go missing.

Makes you wonder about their data protection...

• 3 weeks later...