Midge repellent is Smidge any good ?

The Heron

The midge is a horrible wee beastie that can totally ruin any outdoors activities. I've tried a few repellents in my time. It used to be Avons skin so soft that was top of the list when I was stalking. Then I got hold of some smidge while camping at Mallaig and it really works well. The West coast up here is brutal for them. The east is a bit better but no matter where you go they'll have you running for cover. They are bas%$@ds

Smidge is quiet good but really the best thing is just biting the bullet and putting a midgie jacket on (hoody with face viel)

Smidge is good but if ur doing something physical and sweating or midges are terrible the jacket is the best way (without coating ur face in toxic chemicals, i'm amazed beet is still allowed to be put on skin the mess it makes of other things)

have not tried smidge  have tried Avon skin so soft worked really well until they changed to a cheaper formula used jungle formula works well used  Listerine mouthwash works well if you miss a bit the little ******* get you the best I have found is birch tar soap     hums a bit a bit like old fashioned carbolic soap  when used I have not been bitten at all on the foreshore  

48 minutes ago, Saltings said:

have not tried smidge  have tried Avon skin so soft worked really well until they changed to a cheaper formula used jungle formula works well used  Listerine mouthwash works well if you miss a bit the little ******* get you the best I have found is birch tar soap     hums a bit a bit like old fashioned carbolic soap  when used I have not been bitten at all on the foreshore  

how about on the bell end? :good:

• 5 months later...

hello, thought i would resurrect this post for those that suffer with midges, shooting/fishing/holidays, i have just seen a new remedy made in Scotland that many have found very good, even posted to Thailand and i know only to well they have big mozzies, its called CUBBYs MIDGE SALV, £5 a pot, can buy direct on www.cubbyssalve.co.uk or some Angling shops,