Cheese - Lovely Cheeeese! (Sussex Charmer)

KB1

I love cheese, all sorts of cheeses, but in particular I love a strong mature cheddar.  Recently I discovered a new cheese (new to me) called 'Sussex Charmer' which is a blend of cheddar and parmesan..... It's probably the most 'morish' cheese I've come across👅

At present, I can only find it in Sainsburys (Or online for extortionate prices), but I would recommend to anyone who likes their cheeses to go out and try this true gem.

I make a mozzarella type cheese when I can get reduced price full fat milk, The Whey left over gets used for cooking or soaking the dog food so all good :good: Now and again I don't get it quite right and you end up with a sort of cottage cheese which is nicer than the planned mozzarella. 

Sussex Charmer is very nice, as is Lincolnshire Poacher. There was a fancy Red Leicester-a-like in Sainsbury’s with a proper rind that I had a while back which was pretty good too, but I can’t remember the name.

Stroud farmers market had one of those mature cheddars which is so strong you can almost feel blisters forming on the roof of your mouth. My kind of cheese. They advocated dipping it in honey then rolling it in ground coffee which sounds weird but it was very nice.