Kent police SGC renewal, Medical Report

Wooder

BASC was as much use a a "chocolate tea pot" !!!

I have found a doctors surgery up the road that will do medical report for me, So I am now in the process of changing doctors. They will charge me £128 for the report which seems extreme.    

Edited by Wooder
mistake

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Wooder said:

I have found a doctors surgery up the road that will do medical report for me, So I am now in the process of changing doctors. They will charge me £128 for the report which seems extreme.    

I believe you can get a copy of your medical notes for free. Send the police the lot.

2 hours ago, Wooder said:

What did the legal team say when you got through? 

3 hours ago, Wooder said:

BASC £78 seems more extreme to me for doing nothing, at least for £128 you will get your report.

4 minutes ago, bone said:

I have recently moved within Kent and was told by my FEO who came to inspect my cabinet, that the next time I renew my certificates I will have to get a medical report from my doctor, failure to do so and no renewal. 

Correct was told that from the horse's mouth today, no choice, been shooting since I was 15 now 56 ish not giving up now, I would do some background work with your GP before renewal to see if they will send a report, if not find another practice which is not easy as they have catchment areas

But it isn’t just BASC; this issue has been ongoing for over a year now but none have so far seem any closer to or willing to resolve this issue, meanwhile we’re all still paying....for what? It’s time those who care start asking some very awkward questions of our shooting representatives. 

1 hour ago, Dibble said:

How about contacting your Police and Crime Commissioner

https://www.police.uk/kent/pccn

It's his job to represent you. There are probably more shooters than Gillingham FC fans in Kent but I doubt he realises this.

Guy who sits next to me in our office is a Gillingham supporter ! he thought this was an interesting statistic to use.

13 hours ago, Scully said:

But it isn’t just BASC; this issue has been ongoing for over a year now but none have so far seem any closer to or willing to resolve this issue, meanwhile we’re all still paying....for what? It’s time those who care start asking some very awkward questions of our shooting representatives. 

The only way you are going to get the likes of BASC to start sorting this mess out is buy cancelling your membership. 

9 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The only way you are going to get the likes of BASC to start sorting this mess out is buy cancelling your membership. 

Then we should start with CPSA who as far as I can establish has done absolutely nowt but try to distance itself from live shooting.

I won't hold my breath tho'

I'm surprised people think the establishment would cede to what shooting organisations want or demand of them. We all know .GOV mostly dont.

I seem to recall its a well known and published BASC policy to not fund actions if there is not much chance of achieving success. 

My recent home insurance renewal supplier swap came with a legal expenses add-on, part of it read that they will not support a case that has less than 51% chance of success.

What I'm saying is by all means cancel your membership if your main reason for being a member is they waste money trying to overturn government policies that the significantly louder voice of the increasingly populist general public support - but maybe stay with them if you support other benefits of being a member.