help for 260 rem reloading

HI all   i reload my 243 and .222    but just got a styer   260 rem   and looking for some tips 

it says to trim cases  to 2.025  in my lyman book but  .. looking on the forums   they are all different   some say 2.025   some say 2.030  and some 2.035   

any help   would be greatfull accepted  

looking to load  .243  lapua cases  necked up     with cci primers  and   hodgons  hybrid 100 powder   with  ....  bullet heads from 120 nozler  balistic tips  to  129 g hornady sp interlock  and sierra 140 g   boat tail soft point    ,,, have some 129 gr sst     hornady 

i know that all guns shoot different and load different with different   c.o.a.l    ...               but any help would be  very helpfull

i have  shot a few rounds at the range         140 g  sierra   b.t.sp   39.5 g      hybrid 100 POWDER      trimmed case to 2.025    cci large primer  ...   coal 2.260  with   bullet coparator

129g  soft piont   interlock   41.5 g     hybrid 100  trimmed case to 2.025     coal 2.260    

129g sst  hornady     41.5 g  hybrid 100   case   2.025         coal    2.190

ALL GREAT  AT 150 YARDS     BUT    LOOKING TO GO OUT A LOT FURTHER 

Dont get to hung up on those 3 case lengths, keep them uniform yes, so pick one and set your trimmer. Your decision to use 243 cases and assume you know what your doing there. Although ive always used Lapua 260 brass. Are you intending on just long range gongs or a bit of both? bullet choice will be a factor of course, unless you intend on a target load and a hunting load. 

Ive had 129SSTs out to 500 showing pretty good groups (3inch) But only use 140 Berger Hybrid Target now on hard targets and they seem pretty good at 900.

Im still on H4350 and once thats gone im looking at either a re-barrel or variation. 

Sorry i cant help more with powder, but i wont advise about something i dont know or have no experience on. Its an awsome calibre and im sure you will enjoy shooting it.

One more thing, if your intention is getting out to 1k go for the heavier bullets like 140's, and N160 will get you there with a 26inch barrel and 2550fps. But you getting close to max, which will have an affect on you primer pockets before anything else. 

its worth trying paterson small primer brass too. 

Edited by Dougy

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

Dont get to hung up on those 3 case lengths, keep them uniform yes, so pick one and set your trimmer. Your decision to use 243 cases and assume you know what your doing there. Although ive always used Lapua 260 brass. Are you intending on just long range gongs or a bit of both? bullet choice will be a factor of course, unless you intend on a target load and a hunting load. 

Ive had 129SSTs out to 500 showing pretty good groups (3inch) But only use 140 Berger Hybrid Target now on hard targets and they seem pretty good at 900.

Im still on H4350 and once thats gone im looking at either a re-barrel or variation. 

Sorry i cant help more with powder, but i wont advise about something i dont know or have no experience on. Its an awsome calibre and im sure you will enjoy shooting it.

One more thing, if your intention is getting out to 1k go for the heavier bullets like 140's, and N160 will get you there with a 26inch barrel and 2550fps. But you getting close to max, which will have an affect on you primer pockets before anything else. 

its worth trying paterson small primer brass too. 

many  many thanks     im going to do both but will mainly do long range with the 260 on   gongs  ...... as ill use the 243  on most other  game .. i do have a full bottle of n160  .. the 129 sp interlock is great at   225 yards    ..longest i can go on the range ...  with  sub 2 inch groups    .........    with  h100v  powder the 243 will clover leaf 5 shots at 225   yards    // but really  want to push  and test myself  with the 260  ,,,   but we all have to start somewhere   lol    many   many  thanks again   cheers about the brass ill  look into it 

2 hours ago, SPARKIE said:

HAVE A WORD WITH DOUGY HE MAYBE ABLE TO HELP.....IM SURE HE WILL BE ALONG SOON.

cheers  and thanks