Red dot/reflex sight

moor man

Have had/used several different types over the years. Red dot go for one like the Burris fastfire (I have 3 of these on Picatinny mounts and happy to drop them on any rifle/shotgun. The down side of these is they depend on a battery to illuminate the dot and it’s a real PITA faff to try and Change one if t goes flat while you are out. Another less obvious downside is the size of the dot which you have to pay a good amount to get small brite crisp ones.🤔

That said I would recommend you look through a Vortex Spitfire x3. I have one of these on my SIG 522 but I use that for Target but also take rabbits and rats with it! It’s sort of like a scope but not. Also has a very useful reticle that would work well with the .308. It’s parallax free and fine enough reticle not to block out a target.

you could cowitness mount it so that you could still use open sights/ bead for the 12, that said I have mine on an American defense pic mount to get it very low. 

Top piece of kit with a lifetime warranty! What’s not to like?