Waetherproof Padlock

Novice

I have used a Abus weather proof padlock for the last year on a coast site. Seems to be holding up well so far. Due to salt spray, sand and almost continual damp most locks start to fail after 12 months. Or if your after a more expensive option ingersol 711. Much more expensive, usually get 3 years before they start to fail at above location. Depends on your security requirement.

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

+1 an occasional single drop of 3 in 1 on each side is all that's usually needed to keep the water out. That in turn runs down into the rest of the mechanism  over time.  

I have been oiling the ones I've had but they still end up sticking. Buy cheap buy twice I guess. 

if money is no object then get an price for an assa abloy. high boron content in the metal so that will make then very hard. but its only as strong as whatever its put on. i use these at work and they are out in all conditions and last well. but at home i use two of those cheaper disc locks on my shed and they get some oil every now and again and have been fine.