London protests

fatchap

I believe everyone has the right to protest, but these new age hippies feel bringing London to a standstill is the way forward.

I feel there is a crimp in their otherwise damn fine plan. 

They are environmentalists protesting about the governments lack of interest in climate change and they think that blockading londons bridges stopping traffic including lorries, and large 4x4's, Vauxhall cross today for instance  was a car park.

Stationary vehicles inc large lorries and 4x4's pumping fumes into the atmosphere and assisting global warming is the very thing they are trying to stop. I personally dont think they have thought this through.

39 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Thats because they are protesting for the sake of it.. It doesn't matter what this small Isle does, if places like china and America, the rest of Europe don't also do something... 

absolutely right. protestors in general are thick morons. The leader of this lot was interviewed on LBC by Nick Ferrari the other morning and Ferrari absolutely wiped the floor with him. He was just spouting garbage like "we want the Government to sit up and take notice" "we want to show them we mean business"

so Ferrari asked him what he proposed as an alternative...………. that got him.

Edited by Vince Green

5 hours ago, Vince Green said:

absolutely right. protestors in general are thick morons. The leader of this lot was interviewed on LBC by Nick Ferrari the other morning and Ferrari absolutely wiped the floor with him. He was just spouting garbage like "we want the Government to sit up and take notice" "we want to show them we mean business"

so Ferrari asked him what he proposed as an alternative...………. that got him.

I always wonder how these lot have time to attend these protests... why aren’t they otherwise busy, you know like in a job or something... 

then I recall they’re likely part of those crowd for hire mobs, claiming benefits, squatting in other peoples properties and ‘sticking it to the man!!’ ... how hard done by they were with their middle class up-bringings 🙄

It's got people talking about it, and I think that is their aim. They are concerned that by not talking about it we are sleepwalking into a disaster. There is a real lack of agreement about what is happening with our climate, but I think there is agreement it is changing because of us. The longer nations put off doing things about the climate, the harder it will be to make those changes. Whether it is the right way to protest the jury is out, but I think it is a topic people and governments need to address, as we are screwing up the planet in all manner of ways mightily fast at the moment.

We should perhaps be showing them we mean business by putting them before the courts for obstruction?

Perhaps they can attend as they have no intention of working as the money keeps rolling in by way of benefits?

Personally not sure this climate change situation is anything but part of the normal cycle, if it were to stand still we would probably be wiped out anyway?

Edited by old man

Apparently thier leader has said that Saturday is the final day and they are going out with a bang. A massive "swarm" city wide reducing London to a complete stop.

As a driver in London village, Their tactics are quite good., The outcome probably wont suit them when all the stationary vehicles render London back to the days of smog. 

They target entrances and exits of one way system mainly instantly snarling it up. They do apologise if your stuck at the front of the blockade and give you a leaflet which I did tell him he could poke up his aris. And apparently he earns 55 thousand a year as he does actually have a job. I didnt believe him.

16 hours ago, Vince Green said:

How does stopping ordinary people getting to work equate to a protest? Surely a protest has to target the people you are protesting against? or am I missing something?

Quite simply vince it doesn’t these idiots are just stopping ordinary people going about there daily lives I drive for a living in central London and the only thing they have done this week is make me sit in traffic with the engine running  earning no money  it makes a mockery of what they want as I have been doing nearly twice as many hours this week to try to make it up

I  would love to chuck them all in the Thames  

tell them to protest in India China or the USA and see how they get on there

Edited by nobbyathome