Gun opens itself when fired

Dibble

Update!

Picked it up this morning assured it had been repaired and they had fired a box of cartridges with no malfunctions.

I drove over to Bisley and it malfunctioned straight away, failed to select the second barrel then opened the next time. The Chap in the hut at Bisley videoed it on phone for me (nice bloke).

The only effect of "easing off" the action was that now it opened freely enough to give me a bruised cheek.

Back to East Grinstead 150 miles so far.

Initially met with a bit of disbelief but showed the video.

Dropped lots of hints I was very peed off and was told that they had no idea what was wrong, that they bought guns on trust they were OK and that they couldn't check each one.

Based on this wasn't keen to take up their offer to swap for another gun.

Got a refund.

Lost 2 days shooting, one days holiday(today),2hrs to drop it off the first time, 200 miles private mileage  (17p per mile).

Definitely the right move, odd though as I was once selling a gun and at an East Grinstead shop they took it apart physically and basically told me everything that was wrong with it, so much for not checking guns! I had previously bought a gun from them that had a part missing! 

I should look elsewhere if I were you, I would not go back to that shop

35 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Why are you still allowing them to spank your ****?

? can't quite work out how they still are.

Once I'd agreed to the repair I had to give them a chance, they messed up, I got a refund.

I manage sales teams for a living and am pretty sure they don't give a t***,they certainly weren't going to give me the 3 days +fuel+wasted cartridges I'm down as  it would come to more than the 595GBP the gun cost.

I'm not adverse to shouting the odds in shops or starting wars but once they had said that they couldn't check each gun etc(=It's not our fault). I knew my potential gain was half of ***** all.

I've just had a war with Skoda over a 32,000GBP car (Ubuntu keyboard wont give me a pound sign on this site) it took hours and hours eventually they have agreed to sort the recall and give me a goodwill gesture of.................One Hundred Pounds! 

What would you expect on a 600 pound gun.

Totally sucks does that .

But better you walk away with your money then follow it up with more wasted cash. 

Like i said earlier .it chaps my assss that shops dont check sh guns .

And they wonder why they go out of business. ? 

I mean really how hard is it to fire off a couple of shots .?