moped scum, gloves off?

guzzicat

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, sportsbob said:

They are not bikers they are violent criminals that choose to either use a scooter as a vehicle to enact there violence or they have stolen the scooter or motorcycle they are riding as a result of violence.

So in my opinion as a life long biker knocking them off should be just the start of their punishment.

Have you asked your mate if he feels the same as you about this? . 

Cant ask him Bob! He was killed out right!     All still a bit raw! I prob wouldn't of been bothered, asked or cared any other time! just bit if that footage touched a nerve! I hope these tactics and stingers work and send the message  they are saying it is and they punish them hard ! NB

1 hour ago, NatureBoy said:

Cant ask him Bob! He was killed out right!     All still a bit raw! I prob wouldn't of been bothered, asked or cared any other time! just bit if that footage touched a nerve! I hope these tactics and stingers work and send the message  they are saying it is and they punish them hard ! NB

as a former 2 wheeler-my condolences-go steady and stay strong.

atb.

f.

Whilst I agree that Something needs to be done to stop these thugs ruining society and normal life for the majority of people I think caution is needed. It’s all very well having a tumultuous outpouring of public support but when a police officer is stood in the dock of a crown court chaged with murder because the suspect he has knocked off his bike (who is innocent until PROVEN GUILTY) has died. The officer will be very much stood on his own having to justify his actions  and it is amazing how in the cold light of a court room support disappears and the fickle crowd change to shout Police Brutality. Then it’s down the steps with a murder or manslaughter conviction. I can tell you now the police will never win because the articulate and persuasive speech of silver tonged barristers can easily sway public opinion as well as the jury . In the most likely event that the suspect survives unharmed they will end up very rich on tax payers money thanks to civil litigation where the balance of probability is stacked against the police. God bless all those who protect and serve us as they need protecting from the very people they serve the public.

30 minutes ago, Rookandrabbit said:

Whilst I agree that Something needs to be done to stop these thugs ruining society and normal life for the majority of people I think caution is needed. It’s all very well having a tumultuous outpouring of public support but when a police officer is stood in the dock of a crown court chaged with murder because the suspect he has knocked off his bike (who is innocent until PROVEN GUILTY) has died. The officer will be very much stood on his own having to justify his actions  and it is amazing how in the cold light of a court room support disappears and the fickle crowd change to shout Police Brutality. Then it’s down the steps with a murder or manslaughter conviction. I can tell you now the police will never win because the articulate and persuasive speech of silver tonged barristers can easily sway public opinion as well as the jury . In the most likely event that the suspect survives unharmed they will end up very rich on tax payers money thanks to civil litigation where the balance of probability is stacked against the police. God bless all those who protect and serve us as they need protecting from the very people they serve the public.

‘Something’ has been done, what else do you suggest they do? If someone is riding a stolen motorcycle and refuses to stop,  I doubt their innocence is in much question, and the police seem willing to do it. And secondly, god has nothing to do with it; he is even less capable of protecting the police than they are capable of protecting us.

It really is very simple. If you see blue  lights and/or hear a siren behind you then you've probably done something wrong and should stop. Maybe you're completely innocent, but if so you should stop anyway. However if you choose not to stop then either you're guilty of something or you're an idiot. Either way you probably deserve what is coming to you. When you are actually guilty of something don't complain because the police don't play nice. You did the crime, time to pay for the crime.

59 minutes ago, Rookandrabbit said:

thank you,for a bang on the money, top drawer, supportive post.

Firstly not all motorcycles fleeing the police are stolen. Secondly people fail to stop for a myriad of reasons . Thirdly snap judgements in the heat of an exciting pursuit can cloud judgement leaving an officer open to litigation and prosecution. Fourthly your last comment does show the true level of protection that the police officers have when they go out on duty. Lastly my thoughts of dealing with these scum ( thieves and robbers who have total disregard for the lives of decent members of the public) is the same as those who attack 90+ year old war veterans in their homes and leave them for dead ..... but the protection of the European courts of human rights forbid any suggestions that I may put forward in dealing with them. I think it will not be long before some of these “suspects “ are seriously injured and then the crowd will turn and as I stated the Crown Court Dock is a lonely place to be but we will see what the future holds!

7 minutes ago, Rookandrabbit said:

Firstly not all motorcycles fleeing the police are stolen. Secondly people fail to stop for a myriad of reasons . Thirdly snap judgements in the heat of an exciting pursuit can cloud judgement leaving an officer open to litigation and prosecution. Fourthly your last comment does show the true level of protection that the police officers have when they go out on duty. Lastly my thoughts of dealing with these scum ( thieves and robbers who have total disregard for the lives of decent members of the public) is the same as those who attack 90+ year old war veterans in their homes and leave them for dead ..... but the protection of the European courts of human rights forbid any suggestions that I may put forward in dealing with them. I think it will not be long before some of these “suspects “ are seriously injured and then the crowd will turn and as I stated the Crown Court Dock is a lonely place to be but we will see what the future holds!

I would imagine that there will have to be more reason than a "failure to stop", for the Police to ram them. They are specially trained "Scorpion" officers, who i would imagine need authorisation for each individual case. Similar to the authorisation needed for a "T pack" on a car.

1 hour ago, silver pigeon69 said:

I would imagine that there will have to be more reason than a "failure to stop", for the Police to ram them. They are specially trained "Scorpion" officers, who i would imagine need authorisation for each individual case. Similar to the authorisation needed for a "T pack" on a car.

Plus it would likely be mandatory that at least a body worn camera is used, and possibly a bike mounted one as back up to prove beyond all doubt that blue lights and sirens had been used for a few minutes of pursuit before the tipping takes place. I'm quite sure a couple of mins footage of pavement and road junction infractions would clearly display the naughty bike rider was taking risks with public safety that would stand up in court.

On 24/11/2018 at 18:54, NatureBoy said:

I am far from a snowflake or a 'hand wringer'!! But out of interest, how many other bikers on here viewed that footage and laughed and think such action is ok?

Walker, back in the day under what circs and for what  reasons would you use ram to stop tactics on motorcycles?  NB

I'm  a biker and I think it's brilliant.  The bike thieves are now so brazen that they think nothing of robbing bikes in busy high streets in broad daylight, safe in the knowledge that they'll meet little resistance and the police have 'better things to be doing' than track stolen motorbikes.  I'm all for it.

On 25/11/2018 at 13:10, Mice! said:

No you think o poo!! What did i do? Where did that police car come from, and pull over not take off your helmet and race off on the curb.

lol, re-read and get you now lol

Edited by Deker
had enough coffee to be awake

Saturday listening to this on the car radio there was a young woman who phoned in to say she was twice dragged off her moped. Violently punched and kicked and the moped stolen, she said she was told by the police she was lucky she didn't try to resist or it could have been much worse. After the second time she gave up. There is another dimension to these moped gangs, how they get the mopeds in the first place.

27 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Saturday listening to this on the car radio there was a young woman who phoned in to say she was twice dragged off her moped. Violently punched and kicked and the moped stolen, she said she was told by the police she was lucky she didn't try to resist or it could have been much worse. After the second time she gave up. There is another dimension to these moped gangs, how they get the mopeds in the first place.

That was the police standard response until very recently, glad someone in authority appears to have sanctioned a reasonable response to these scum.

If the Police are ineffective or lethargic why do we fund them?

I have read with interest the comments and whoops of joy from people sat in their armchairs regarding this new policy But I also recommend that a little research be conducted read Mark Townsend  piece in the observer online quoting senior police figures the police federation and their views on this new policy. The Police federation also call into question its legality. Please read exactly what Tim Rodgers of the Police Federation says.The new proposed legislation to protect police drivers from prosecution has runout of debating time  in the House of Commons. The figures of authority are beginning to distance themselves from the officers who will be responsible for their actions. I fear the FICKLE CROWDS MOOD is beginning to change .... legal eagles will already be circling awaiting the lonely officer stood in the dock ready to pick their version to pieces.....it’s no point saying I was trained to do this if the tactic is deemed to be illegal......It will all come down to the individual officers actions just the same as soldiers actions are now being brought into question. and court Some thirty years after events and memories fade but not as quickly as does Support. We did not have long to wait to see what the future holds did we!

34 minutes ago, Rookandrabbit said:

I have read with interest the comments and whoops of joy from people sat in their armchairs regarding this new policy But I also recommend that a little research be conducted read Mark Townsend  piece in the observer online quoting senior police figures the police federation and their views on this new policy. The Police federation also call into question its legality. Please read exactly what Tim Rodgers of the Police Federation says.The new proposed legislation to protect police drivers from prosecution has runout of debating time  in the House of Commons. The figures of authority are beginning to distance themselves from the officers who will be responsible for their actions. I fear the FICKLE CROWDS MOOD is beginning to change .... legal eagles will already be circling awaiting the lonely officer stood in the dock ready to pick their version to pieces.....it’s no point saying I was trained to do this if the tactic is deemed to be illegal......It will all come down to the individual officers actions just the same as soldiers actions are now being brought into question. and court Some thirty years after events and memories fade but not as quickly as does Support. We did not have long to wait to see what the future holds did we!

Fair points - however here is the crunch, having said that we should not do this "How would you deal with the major ongoing problem", and the answer is not more police or money.

14 hours ago, Rookandrabbit said:

Firstly not all motorcycles fleeing the police are stolen. Secondly people fail to stop for a myriad of reasons .

I am desperately trying to think of the myriad of legit reasons someone may have for not stopping for a police car with full blues and twos.

Cos at the moment I have bupkis.  

1 hour ago, Danger-Mouse said:

No I don't think those getting knocked off own the mopeds. It's the actual owners that I was refering to.

The moped is by this point most likely the insurance companies property and they would probably take mose kindly to anything that reduces the number of payouts they make each year.