moped scum, gloves off?

guzzicat

29 minutes ago, Rookandrabbit said:

AGAIN:::

To quote the Police Federation  Tim Rodgers has said” it is dangerous to drive a car deliberately at another road user. The law clearly classifies this as dangerous driving, and officers could be prosecuted. NO DEFENCE NO EXCEPTION”

originally posted Monday at 1415 hrs ........not my take on things but the police rank and file union. The police federation will represent police officers during civil and criminal proceedings. 

So despite what people want or what people imagine should be right unfortunately reality is a little different. The law is the law and it is not on the side of the police driver at this present time .Lets hope it changes in favour of decent law abiding people.

But the point is.....they don’t seem to care. Like I’ve already said; it’s their choice, their responsibility. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Rookandrabbit said:

AGAIN:::

To quote the Police Federation  Tim Rodgers has said” it is dangerous to drive a car deliberately at another road user. The law clearly classifies this as dangerous driving, and officers could be prosecuted. NO DEFENCE NO EXCEPTION”

originally posted Monday at 1415 hrs ........not my take on things but the police rank and file union. The police federation will represent police officers during civil and criminal proceedings. 

So despite what people want or what people imagine should be right unfortunately reality is a little different. The law is the law and it is not on the side of the police driver at this present time .Lets hope it changes in favour of decent law abiding people.

Again, article 2 human rights, your allowed to use what ever force that is necessary in the circumstances to protect your life or someone else's.

On 01/12/2018 at 20:05, Dougy said:

Duty of care to villains goes out of the window the minute they stop caring about the victim, tuff, if they get hurt so be it. They wouldn't get injured if they did not put themselves in that position. 

Too true, theyre expanding the tactic to pedal bikes too....

Image may contain: 1 person, riding a bicycle, bicycle, text and outdoor

6 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

so would using a stinger to unseat them  bring down the same wrath as knocking em of a bike ?

I think it is reasonable to use any means that is as safe as possible to the police and general public (innocent bystanders).  If the criminals get hurt, they only have themselves to blame.

1 minute ago, derbyduck said:

so would using a stinger to unseat them  bring down the same wrath as knocking em of a bike ?

Given the dross like to ride down allyways and paths to make pursuit more difficult it would possibly cause them to hit someone or damage someone's property or whatever because it would need to be done in a confined space and at very short notice - if they havent diverted by the time its been set up.

Its dubbed tactical for a reason - and I hope it seriously hurts them with lifechanging injuries like they willfully inflict on others.

On 25/11/2018 at 02:47, Dave-G said:

So what actions would you support that categorically stops the scum from proceeding any further - potentially injuring innocent pedestrians while trying to evade a clearly and unmisstakenly blue lit police pursuit?

I'd also make the point I think bullbar rigged 4x4's would not be able to navigate pavements and pathways that scooters would use to foil pursuit. Bullbars on bikes would be ideal if its practical - and it would send a very clear warning to a non stop scooter rider what is likely to follow if he doesnt stop.

So would a Dillon gun mounted on the handlebars:bye2:

if fully legit car or moped rider no worries      if scrote thieving chav scumbag be worried in the eyes if the law if no mot   uninsured   if no road tax   uninsured     stolen also uninsured   should not be on the roads  and as seen recently will run red / pedestrian lights  footpaths do not abide by traffic codes etc stabbings drug dealings etc  or care about any law abiding citizen police are in a no win situation    its time joe public grows a pair and helps police sorts these scum out rather than hiding behind curtains and whinging and whine sorry my honest opining  confront these chavs and make their lives a misery and film everything they soon get the message and stay away they       (don't like being on camera )

" could face procescution....

If he is charged"...

"The boy, who was not wearing a helmet, was admitted to hospital with serious head injuries...

...but later discharged"

No hint of press sensation from the BBC there then.

Edited by Dave-G

9 hours ago, Rookandrabbit said:

Unfortunately this is exactly the point I have been trying to make. It didn’t take long to happen!

"Could be charged", while not a nice situation for the copper to be in, I'm sure he will have nothing to fear and will not be prosecuted, thats provided he hasn't done anything he shouldn't of course. Like I've said earlier in the thread, there is lots of legislation that would enable a copper to knock a dangerous person off their bike as a last resort if they're endangering officers or the public.