das

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I work with the Macmillan benefits team,

I know how much money we help people claim that they didn't know they were entitled to.

Without someone leading the organisation and pointing it in the right direction I therefore know how much they wouldn't get in those benefits.

You may not like what people get paid but someone has to do it, and get paid for doing it.....also remember, they don't demand those wages, there is a group of people that employ those CEO's and it's them that set the wages.

:shaun:

I refuse to give to a lot of charities inc cancer . It’s not that I don’t care as I’ve lost another friend last week( absolutely  heart broke) at 52 years old. It’s the fact it’s not going the right places. To much is lost in admin . I’ve heard of over 80% lost . 

I give to epilepsy and air ambulance.

I can’t see why those figures are paid ? If your working for a charity surely you only take what you need not want 

1 hour ago, das said:

As I said, yes, people and staff need to be paid but to me no one is worth some of these amounts, quite frankly no one needs some of these amounts.

I don’t give to lots of charities for reasons like this, I do support some such as Bernardo’s as I see first hand what their money stops, such as supporting children who are being sexually exploitated and basically pimped out. 

That aside, it doesn’t matter what YOU think is an acceptable pay. 

If you want someone to do that job with the level of knowledge and experience to do it well then that’s what you have to pay. 

Good luck getting some middle management yuppie who’s past roles we’re managing a Tesco store for £40k a year  with no experience on this scale to run a multi-national multimillion pound organisation. 

Some charities are clearly really businesses operating in the charity sector. Anyone can register a charity and start collecting money from the public, you only have to look at the RSPCA to realise how easy it could be.

Many charities spend more on fundraising than the do on the cause they claim to support. 

10 hours ago, PPP said:

£200k isn’t much for a vaguely ok CEO

This:  They are actually running a significant sized 'business' with a large money turnover and large staff.  That needs someone with ability and experience.  Such people don't come cheap, but these are not high salaries in the world of Chief Execs.   

Some take really high salaries and for less worthwhile stuff https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/21/bet365-denise-coates-paid-herself-an-obscene-265m-in-2017

10 hours ago, team tractor said:

I refuse to give to a lot of charities inc cancer . It’s not that I don’t care as I’ve lost another friend last week( absolutely  heart broke) at 52 years old. It’s the fact it’s not going the right places. To much is lost in admin . I’ve heard of over 80% lost . 

I give to epilepsy and air ambulance.

I can’t see why those figures are paid ? If your working for a charity surely you only take what you need not want 

cancer research pays out a big chunk of money raised in salaries, but if you want the best you have to pay the going rate. 

If you worked as a research chemist for a large pharmaceutical company and an organisation like cancer research head hunted you, would you take a huge drop in salary to move or would you want to be paid the going rate. 

43 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

500 million salary over the last 2 years. 200 million paid in tax, over 100 million donated to charity including large amounts to local causes. Unlike other big companies she pays her way.

It's hardly a lot for what they manage. Pay peanuts get monkeys. These are largely high profile jobs making often difficult decisions, managing media, staff, budgets and politics. Without looking at individual cases they deserve the cash. You do not get a lot of CEO for £100k. 

1 hour ago, toontastic said:

500 million salary over the last 2 years. 200 million paid in tax, over 100 million donated to charity including large amounts to local causes. Unlike other big companies she pays her way.

She earns it. It's her company she pays tax on it get on with it. All good in my book. If you want more work harder if that does not work then work smarter. 

I have just re read the top. Is that right that the CEO of Oxfam only gets £119k that's just not enough. 

Edited by oowee

1 hour ago, toontastic said:

cancer research pays out a big chunk of money raised in salaries, but if you want the best you have to pay the going rate. 

If you worked as a research chemist for a large pharmaceutical company and an organisation like cancer research head hunted you, would you take a huge drop in salary to move or would you want to be paid the going rate. 

Nothing wrong with paying for the research side ;) as that’s what it’s about. I’m just angry at the admin side/top bosses draining it.

as I said before mate ... take what you need , not what you want :) 

25 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Nothing wrong with paying for the research side ;) as that’s what it’s about. I’m just angry at the admin side/top bosses draining it.

Why would we want these charities to be run by numpty's on half pay? Do you expect the people working there to be a charity to themselves? We want these things run properly. Poor management is a cost to the business and proper management costs money. 

16 minutes ago, oowee said:

44 minutes ago, team tractor said:

You don't half talk rubbish, cruk executive pay amounted to 1.7 million last year while 125 million was spent on salaries of all other staff. So in reality it's the scientists and researchers who are draining the funds.

The actual costs of running things  also took up a huge amount of funds ( office space, laboratorys, energy costs, phone bills, office equipment and other office supplies)

Still can't see where 80% of the money is wasted.

Edited by toontastic