Any member on PW used a web site called SERVICING STOP ????

oldypigeonpopper

hello, as above was looking on the web sites for a decent garage to service and MOT my Dihatsu and this company popped up, they find a local garage and you get warranty on work, plenty of good reviews, i did read a post on KWIK FIT, last time ATS did the service i broke down driving home, cheers

Ask some of you mates for a quality local garage. First hand experience and reccomendation are worth there weight in gold. 

Were lucky that our local garage is excellent. Not perfect but very good. Any issues and i can talk to the chap who did it, and i trust there advise. 

Beware that all reviews can be edited to there own advantage.

15 minutes ago, haynes said:

Ask some of you mates for a quality local garage. First hand experience and reccomendation are worth there weight in gold. 

Were lucky that our local garage is excellent. Not perfect but very good. Any issues and i can talk to the chap who did it, and i trust there advise. 

Beware that all reviews can be edited to there own advantage.

hello, i know all the garages around here, this servicing stop have an offer at £106 for service and MOT, yes i agree on the reviews

Sounds like I am fortunate in having an excellent local garage ...not a chain .. the mechanic doing the job owns the place. He has serviced all my vehicles for the last 15yrs is not expensive and will point out things which may need attention in the future.  Check out your local owned garges first, why go through some agency ?

Same with MOT ...done by another local garage, owner run, owner works there and wears the overalls, very efficient and again will point out anyhting even outside the MOT which may need attention.  Works and dreams cars, particularly classics.  

Like your local village Post Office, use it or lose it.

Edited by Walker570

I maybe wrong but I knew a chap worked for Kwik Fit, years ago, he revealed that none of them were mechanics! They were trained to change a wheel, to change brake pads, to fit an exhaust ect ect. 

Never used them for anything but tyres since. I use a local mechanic, for anything I can’t do in the garage myself. 

Dont has much dealing with ATS but they may work along same lines as Kwik Fit. 

Im not having a dig at the lads they work there, I’m sure they service 100s cars with no issues, but would imagine they work by replacing parts for new rather than repairing, like a local garage would do

You have to take into account the very serious implications of using cheap mineral oil in modern car engines that are not intended to run on anything but synthetic. You have to really trust the garage that does your servicing these days because a cheap service could easily be the most expensive service you have ever had.

There was a very experienced contributor on the MB owners forum a while back talking about turbo failures on Mercs and he said every single one he had ever investigated had followed on from a cheap or backstreet service in the previous year and suspicion that the wrong oil had been used. Turbos run so hot that only synthetic oil can withstand the heat. .

The number of cars failing their MOTs on emissions has trebled in the past year. How much of that is down to servicing issues is speculation but always use the very best synthetic oil and change it regularly is not bad advice. We are entering an era now where 5 year old cars are going to the scrapyard after failing emissions 

Edited by Vince Green

Well, I booked through them because of this thread on Saturday, just had a call to say that they cannot arrange collection on the day I had booked.

I can have my vehicle serviced but I will have to drop it in, either wait or return to collect it, just like all the other garages I have used in the past.

Consequently they do not offer anything I cannot get from my usual garage mechanic.

Guess what, my car will be serviced and MoT'd by my usual guys!