Help required .357mag

farmshooter

Hi all so i had a variation put on my certificate for a .357mag/.38 leaver action gun, while i lived in wiltshire. They had no problem granting me the variation for pest controll and aolq as usual i have plenty of land to shoot on and gave good reason etc.

i have now moved 30 miles up the road into hampshire, and they are not happy with this gun on my certificate for pest control and aolq my new fao is coming to have a chat with me in a few weeks about it. 

Annoyingly im only in hampshire for 2 months until i move to west sussex. So hopfully wont have to go through all this again with them

anyone got any ideas why hampshire dont like the .357 but wiltshire were fine?

thanks

FS

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Have you given up the land you had? 

Nope still have all the same permissions main one is my parents farm. 

Land didnt seem to be the issue, it seemed to be what th caliber was being used for, but not sure what else, as i dont think it meets criteria for a deer gun. 

2 hours ago, farmshooter said:

Nope still have all the same permissions main one is my parents farm. 

Land didnt seem to be the issue, it seemed to be what th caliber was being used for, but not sure what else, as i dont think it meets criteria for a deer gun. 

Then they have no real issue. It was agreed, you bought it and situation is the same. Tell them to speak to Wiltshire for advice. 

15 hours ago, farmshooter said:

Cheers guys i will tell them to call wiltshire. Just got ro keep it till i get to sussex 😂

If your FAC is issued in Wiltshire then Hampshire can't alter it. They don't/ can't reissue your certificate just because you have moved there, even more so if its only temporarily. They can only note the change of address and check your security. Your Wiltshire certificate is valid till it expires, even if you no longer live in Wiltshire.

This is where being a member of one of the organisations comes in handy

Edited by Vince Green

Firearms legislation shouldn't have such illogical nuances as this. I realise of course, that this issue appears to have more to do with a licensing authorities preferences than legislation, but on the whole UK firearms legislation is riddled with stupidly illogical variances such as this. Circumstances as this shouldn't be open to interpretation by individuals.